• Register
  • Help

Topic: VStack-Where to buy???

Share/Bookmark

VStack-Where to buy???

I am in the process of setting up my first PC to play back VIs. I wanted to try Vstack but the Steinberg store has been closed since at least Thursday. (I think since Yamaha bought Steinberg they are reconfiguring the store.) Is there anywhere else to buy VStack (downloadable)? Should I just go with a different host?

Re: VStack-Where to buy???

I bought it online and downloaded at Steinberg's site...

Quote Originally Posted by Moonmusic
    I bought it online and downloaded at Steinberg's site...
    In the last few days? I get the following message:

"Due to the acquisition of Steinberg by Yamaha Corporation of Japan the on-line store for products and upgrades is currently being re-organized. We ask that customers in North America needing product upgrades call the Sales Line at 877-253-3900, where orders can be taken and will be processed immediately. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank Steinberg users for their patience while the new on-line system is being put into place."

Sorry....I forgot about that...No, It's been a couple months...I ran into the same thing about 2 weeks ago trying to research some cubase stuff....

Honestly, imo calling Steinberg directly via the phone # you have is a much better bet than online anyway. I would just call.

I might go the Forte route because of what Lee said. It's nice that V-stack is only $50. But it doesn't sync to incoming MIDI tempo which is important for some instruments. And the fact that it may not be supported and that I can't even buy it from their online store isn't very encouraging. (I know I could call them but I'd rather not have to wait for a CD.)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowbox
    I might go the Forte route because of what Lee said. It's nice that V-stack is only $50. But it doesn't sync to incoming MIDI tempo which is important for some instruments. And the fact that it may not be supported and that I can't even buy it from their online store isn't very encouraging. (I know I could call them but I'd rather not have to wait for a CD.)
    I'm using forte and I'm using it for 8 to 10hrs a day. It hasn't crashed on me yet. I've been using it for a month solid. Pretty good.

Cheers,

Jose

Go Back to forum