• Register
  • Help

Topic: S.A.G.E. Expanders - Wow!

Share/Bookmark

S.A.G.E. Expanders - Wow!

Just bought Backbeat, LG and Metamorphsis. They sound great! No prob install on my G4, thanks, Eric!
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Re: S.A.G.E. Expanders - Wow!

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying them :-)

spectrum

Thumbs up Re: S.A.G.E. Expanders - Wow!

I agree! I can't say enough about Stylus RMX and the expander libs. I just converted my old Liquid Audio into Stylus and it is working great. Just ordered Backbeat and am looking forward to doing the same! I am using it with DP4.5.2 with no problems. Any idea when you guys are going to fix the Atmosphere and Trilogy problems with DP4.5.2? I love both of those programs and am currenlty using a VST wrapper with DP. Still get some weirdness though.

Peace

Rik

Just installed RMX... fantastic! Am looking for the best acoustic drum library from the S.A.G.E expander collection... particularly for jazz. Esp. need good detailed ride cymbals, flat rides, etc. Any suggestions?

Thanks...
    Ray Lyon
    www.balsampillow.com

Quote Originally Posted by balsampillow
    Just installed RMX... fantastic! Am looking for the best acoustic drum library from the S.A.G.E expander collection... particularly for jazz. Esp. need good detailed ride cymbals, flat rides, etc. Any suggestions?
    Given the "RMX" in Stylus RMX stands for "Remix", I believe the BackBeat SAGE Expander is the only acoustic drum option (I am not familiar with the upcoming ILIO titles):

http://www.ilio.com/spectrasonics/xpanders.html

http://www.ilio.com/spectrasonics/xpandersilio.html

Rik:

Does the drag and drop functions of Stylus RMX work in DP 4.5?

I'm currently using RMX on an external PC, so no drag and drop to my mac sequencer obviously!! Thinking of upgrading my mac and DP for several reasons, this being one of them.

I'd like to know what I'm in for if I do this, however. So, what were the problems with Atmosphere (which I also currently use externally, via VStack and Forte).

Oh, and by the way, Eric, STYLUS RMX is absolutely fabulous! IT's the most exciting software instrument I've seen in quite a while. I simply cannot believe how well thought out it is. You obvioulsy spent a lot of time thinking things through very very carefully. It's simply stunning!

Is there likely to be a StormDrums type of expander? I am so impressed with the ability to play loops at a totally incorrect tempo that I want to play everything through RMX now. It makes the orchestra sound a bit strange though!!!!!

Daryl

Rob,

Stylus RMX's midi drag and drop features work beautifully in DP4.5.

With Atmostphere in DP 4.5.1 and 4.5.2, when you open a file with an Atmosphere instrument track...Atmosphere does not work until you click on the hardware manager button in DP and close it again. Simply doing this reloads all the plugs and then Atmosphere works again. For this reason (even though it is not a big thing) along with some UAD-1 powered plugins not working right with DP 4.5.2's Dynamic CPU Management feature...I have decided to stay at DP4.5 (original shipping version) for the time being. Everything works great there including all the automatic delay compensation features with VIs like Atmosphere and plugs like UAD-1.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Robert:

Sorry, I have been away for a while. Yes the drag and drop for RMX works great. As for Atmos and Trilogy. When you close down DP you lose the patches and have to reload when you launch the program again. I am using FXpansions VST/AU wrapper and it works but it crashes DP when I quit the program and once a track is loaded into DP you can't remove it. DP crashes!
    I leave the Spectrasonic VST tracks in there and repair my permissions often!

I know that MOTU and Spectrasonics are aware of the problems. I love the sounds too much to stop using them. No problems with Stylus RMX. I am running that under AU and all is well.

Peace

Rik

Liquid Grooves has some really cool elements that work well with other material.

Go Back to forum