• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Jurassic Park Overture

Share/Bookmark

Jurassic Park Overture

Ok, I know most of you will want to kill me after hearing this. I know it's not very good, but I was trying to learn legato string techniques in GPO (it aint easy!) and thought I would post it anyway.

Apologies to John Williams fans, and to John Williams himself!

It is all GPO btw.

Jurassic Park Overture

Regards,
    Paul
    "Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall
    http://pjdeakin.blogspot.com/

Re: Jurassic Park Overture

My goodness! This is a gorgeous, lush, realistic work! You certainly brought the movie back to my mind in full color. Very nice job. I enjoyed it very much.

Best regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    My goodness! This is a gorgeous, lush, realistic work! You certainly brought the movie back to my mind in full color. Very nice job. I enjoyed it very much.

Best regards,

Larry A.
    Thanks Larry, glad you liked it. I was worried it might sound way too synthetic...

Regards,
    Kin

Kin,

I enjoyed this immensely. Brought back memories (Dances with Brontos ).

Learning legato string technique takes some practice just like a real instrument. I think you did very well and were able to acheive a very lush string sound.

I hope you will work on this some more. If you would like, send me the MIDI file and perhaps we'll have some fun.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Kin,

I enjoyed this immensely. Brought back memories (Dances with Brontos ).

Learning legato string technique takes some practice just like a real instrument. I think you did very well and were able to acheive a very lush string sound.

I hope you will work on this some more. If you would like, send me the MIDI file and perhaps we'll have some fun.

Gary Garritan
    Thanks Gary, I appreciate your comments. I did struggle a bit with the legato sound I wanted and on more than one occasion I "made do" with what I got. I'll certainly send you the midi file, maybe the Cubase file would be better, since the template loads with it?

Would be great to work with ya on it

Regards,
    Kin

Talking Re: Jurassic Park Overture

Dances with Brontos, Ha! You sleigh me Gary. You have to stop doing that to me I am running out of shorts!
    Handyway, I can't wait to get to work tomorrow to hear this! Pretty sad when a man has to look forward to going to work just to hear some music!
    When a man's an empty kettle, he should be on his metal and yet I'm torn apart...I would dance and be merry, life would be a ding a derry if I only had to fart.
    Styxx

Nice sound Kinvint, enjoyed this!

dpDan

Talking Re: Jurassic Park Overture

Geriatric Park? Sorry, I slept through the whole movie.

Didn't get a chance to listen due to meetings at work. Try again tomorrow, tomorrow! I love ya, tomorrow! You're always a day --- A --- Way!
    Styxx

Hey Kinvint -

This is a fantastic effort thus far. The strings sound beautiful! I'm a huge John Williams fan and the Jurassic Park soundtrack is actually my favorite. I'm way too new at GPO to help the legato. Most of it sounds wonderful. Especially as you get into the main theme - OOH I just got goose bumps .

My only comment (and this may just be my headphones) is that there seems to be too much reverb. Or perhaps it's the type of reverb - there's a weird sort of delay effect. It's very faint, but I noticed it.

But, wow, this was a pleasure to listen to.

Thanks!
    - Michael
    -----------------------------
    - Michael Fortunato

Thumbs up Re: Jurassic Park Overture

So what the heck was wrong with this???? Crank this sucker up and serve me up a Bronto burger! Whoa! Nice job!!!!!!!!!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast