• Register
  • Help

Topic: Big Band Music

Share/Bookmark

Big Band Music

Hi all,

Discussion of Big Band music is building on the forum.

I have found that the website of Tom Kubis - a great exponent of Big Band arranging - has a free .pdf download of one of his charts, together with a full mp3 (real musicians) recording.

Download chart (I Ain't Got Nobody) www.tomkubis.com [click where it says "click here for the free chart"

MP3 www.tomkubis.com/mp3/iaintgotnobody.mp3

For anybody unfamiliar with this sort of muic, it will give a great insight into what it's all about.

There are also loads of other Big Band mp3's on his site.

Re: Big Band Music

I absolutely love the big band swing stuff of the Benny Goodman / Glen Miller / Woody Herman / et al era, and have quite a few original recordings.

I can promise you this - when the library comes out, there will be some new Big Band Swing and Jazz shows on the Composer Channel just as fast as people can get the songs in to me!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

You know, I was about to make that suggestion.

Excellent!

Ladies and gentlemen, the esteemed Mr. Burrell has just volunteered to contribute the first piece for the shows!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

For a great introduction to modern big band arranging, check out the new book by Gary Lindsay, "Jazz Arranging Techniques". Gary is the jazz arranging teacher at the University of Miami's acclaimed Studio Music and Jazz program. The book includes a CD with some very useful audio examples.

http://www.lindsayjazz.com/

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bmonroney
    For a great introduction to modern big band arranging, check out the new book by Gary Lindsay, "Jazz Arranging Techniques". Gary is the jazz arranging teacher at the University of Miami's acclaimed Studio Music and Jazz program. The book includes a CD with some very useful audio examples.

http://www.lindsayjazz.com/

Brian
    Thanks for your tip. I went there and ordered a copy. And now we wait for the Bigband library to come.

Gerard

Yeah, I just ordered a copy too!

Thanks,
    Tom

Go Back to forum