• Register
  • Help

Topic: New poster says hello!

Share/Bookmark

New poster says hello!

Hello!

This is my first post here, though I have been visiting you quite a lot lately. I got GPO last spring. I'm composing mostly instrumental modern art music, and are using GPO with Finale2005 (HP) to render demos of my music. Here is an example:

http://82.183.160.44/mats/Trialogue_I.mp3

It's a piece for alto flute, english horn and bass clarinet. It's created in Finale2005 with human playback and then mixed in Sonar 3PE. I did also use the FinGar Slur plugin for placing CC#64 before saving as MIDI in F2005.

I must say I'm looking forward to the GPO Advanced version. One thing I would like to see (just whishing) is tuned gongs, that would be nice. And maybe a guitar for chamber music. Or two for duets!
    I think I've read something about string harmonics, if so, I hope it's for both ensemble and solo strings. Bass clarinet fluttertongue....classical sounding saxophone quartet ....and something to improve on string ensemble glissandi.
    Just whishing. Don't misunderstand me, I think GPO is a great piece of art.

For now!

Re: New poster says hello!

That sounds very good, welcome to the forum
    Aaron Clark, C/C++, J2EE, Flash, Perl and PHP programming.
    Logic Pro 7.0.1, G5 1800x2, 3 Gig ram, GPO and GOS lite.
    My site: http://www.clarkaudio.com
    Where I work now: http://www.blinex.com/

Hey welcome to the forum! Sorry I can't comment on your piece at this time. I've been going through some rebuilding of my PC.
    Styxx

Styxx I love your avatar,
    those guys ar hilarious!

dpDan

Tangram,

Welcome to the GPO Community!

Your work is amazing! And done in a notation program! Robert's Human Playback is incredible and this show it's capabilities.

I really enjoyed your Trialogue. (TRY.uh.log) n. A conversation or discussion between three people or groups. Was this so named as a conversation betwen the flutes, single reeds and double reeds?
    The interplay between the winds was fantastic. This is great writing.

Thanks for posting this andI hope you won't mind if this gets posted on the GPO demo page.

Gary Garritan

PS: Much of what you have asked for will be in the Advanced version. Tuned Gongs? Good idea.

Thank you all!

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Trialogue....A conversation or discussion between three people or groups. Was this so named as a conversation betwen the flutes, single reeds and double reeds?
    Yes!

.... I hope you won't mind if this gets posted on the GPO demo page.
    You're very welcome to post this on the demo page!

PS: Much of what you have asked for will be in the Advanced version.
    Can't wait!

How stupid of me, I went here to welcome you to the forum and I made a post about Styxx's funny avatar.

Welcome to the forum!

dp

Go Back to forum