• Register
  • Help

Topic: VST REVERB + GIGASUDIO HOW?

Share/Bookmark

VST REVERB + GIGASUDIO HOW?

Hi ! I have question: Could I use vst reverb (Waves ) whit gigastudio 160 (using sonar 2 XL ) ? how? i want to ad reverb to the tracks and hear it during playback in sonar. is it possible?
    Thanks for answer!

Re: VST REVERB + GIGASUDIO HOW?

Only with \"live\" audio processing of your giga output. Not sure if Sonar supports live processing, but I would be surprised if it doesn\'t (I don\'t own it). You need a multi (i.e., more than 2) output card for this. Let\'s say you have 4 outputs and 2 inputs. Run Sonar master out to channel 1/2. Configure drivers and GS to output to channels 3/4. Get a couple of patch cables and patch 3/4 outs back to 1/2 ins. Now, in sonar you need to select a channel and (somehow) enable it for input from channel 1/2. On that track/channel assign add a reverb.

*** MAKE SURE you don\'t somehow configure your sound card and Sonar in such a way that you create a feedback loop! The 1/2 outputs should never make their way back to 1/2 inputs.

If you have a delta or staudio card and have it configured to send all outs through the \"monitor mixer\", then just mute 3/4 in the card\'s mixer control panel thingy so that you only hear the processed output from 1/2 outs and not 3/4 directly (the 3/4 outs will still be audible in the monitor mixer unless you mute them).

- Keith

Re: VST REVERB + GIGASUDIO HOW?

Thank you very much for answer - I´ll try that!

Go Back to forum