• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: GigaPulse Pro NFX

Share/Bookmark

GigaPulse Pro NFX

We're about to send KH's Concert Brass for duplication. So tonight I decided to spend some time with it using GigaPulse within GS3. I have to tell everyone, I'm really blown away, especially with the Larry Seyer Reverb that's included with GS3. I've been comparing what Larry did to reverb used in post production in LA, and it really holds its own and in many cases, excels. To put a dollar value on it, anyone with GS3 will not need to get a lot of expensive effects pacakges.

I've read all the reviews so far on GS3, and frankly, I don't really feel that the GigaPulse section has gotten the merit that it's due. In fact, in reading some of the reviews, I feel it's been terribly under represented. For anyone who has not yet upgraded to GS3, it's really worth your consideration. And FYI, I DIDN'T get paid by Tascam to say this, either.
    Peter L. Alexander
    www.professionalorchestration.com
    www.alexanderpublishing.com
    Learn it right the first time.

Re: GigaPulse Pro NFX

I've got mine.

GigaPulse is a wonderful tool, my only note for the wishlist is the ability to use it outside of GigaStudio would be nice.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Yes, GigaPulse is what "makes" GS3. The reverbs might be even better than the real room/hall impulses. I don't feel like using other VST plugins anymore.
    The "stacking", which I just discovered, is unbelievable fun too and it's really a child's play. I "stacked" all the different segments of Larry's drums (demo kit) and the response is incredibly tight, or ... Larry had a truly skilled editor at his disposal, perhaps it's both.
    Speaking of editing, GigaEditor looks familiar and yet the improvement over the previous version is simply fantastic. I went "wow" many a times already.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Quote Originally Posted by Alexcremers
    Speaking of editing, GigaEditor looks familiar and yet the improvement over the previous version is simply fantastic. I went "wow" many a times already.
    I think we all had to get used to burnt orange though

Quote Originally Posted by peter269
    I've read all the reviews so far on GS3, and frankly, I don't really feel that the GigaPulse section has gotten the merit that it's due. In fact, in reading some of the reviews, I feel it's been terribly under represented.
    Interesting that leading up to the much anticipated release of GS3 back in September 04, most of the sneak peak information provided by Bruce Richardson stressed how powerful Gigapulse really was - as more than just a reverb, but as an embedded aspect of samples themselves - and how important it was to the architecture of the release. Seems like we hear less about it since then, but I think the reason for this is in part that developers have not yet tapped into the true available potential. Some libraries are using it for up/down pedal modelling, but there would seem to be much much more in reserve (looking forward to what Larry Seyer has in the pipeline for Gigapulse...)

I agree Peter that used as just an effects unit it really can sound fantastic. Loading up KH Concert Strings and playing combo files through a standard medium hall impulse is a joy...

We also have something in the pipeline for GP, I wish I could tell more... :-)

Just last night I started a new piece with thumping toms, blaring, rhythmic trombones, deep, droning double-basses and a bassoon to add some harmonic intrigue to the foundation. I routed everything through GigaPulse. Next I added the main melody - the KH Solo Violin with hard sustain.

The violin sounded as good as it ever has, just playing it live without any expression control. Having such a solid foundation, aggressive footing, great samples and the huge sound from GigaPulse made for a great combination.

It wasn't long ago that I would hear great professional music, and then I'd compare it to the thin sounds I was able to make. It was depressing. With GigaPulse I'm finally able to achieve a sound that I can be proud of.

It's still up to me to write great music and perform it well - and I'm all too aware of it when I don't. But I no longer feel that I'm lacking "the sound". GigaPulse is that good.

Hopefully Kirk will consider GS3 versions of his future releases. I know he didn't include the release samples in his recent string lib, due to polyphony concerns. If he were to provide a GigaPulse model of the hall he used, that would be fantastic!

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by Csaba Huszty
    We also have something in the pipeline for GP, I wish I could tell more... :-)
    I thought you had something listed in GS3 already. If you do, please consider showing a screenshot, discuss and explain.
    Peter L. Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Existence
    back in September 04, most of the sneak peak information provided by Bruce Richardson stressed how powerful Gigapulse really was - as more than just a reverb, but as an embedded aspect of samples themselves - and how important it was to the architecture of the release.

I agree Peter that used as just an effects unit it really can sound fantastic. Loading up KH Concert Strings and playing combo files through a standard medium hall impulse is a joy...
    What Bruce hinted at doesn't BEGIN to describe the power in GigaPulse. (because he could only hint - not a criticism of Bruce by any means). Frankly, I didn't really have much a clue until I spoke to Larry Seyer the other night and asked him to do an overview review for Sonic Control, which we hope to have up in March.

Just the "tiny stuff" Larry showed me was mindblowing. We looked at how to take a set of close mic'ed "whatever" and then use mic placement to create not just effective panning, but also to create distant and far mics position versions of the same library.

While this is a great developers tool, imagine for those of us with Vienna, Advanced Orchestra, KH, the original GOS, even Miroslav, the opportunities that can be breathed into those libraries.

For example, REPLACEMENT MIC. Per Larry, the best sound is simply overlaying one from Replacement Mic. Just by understanding the mics, you can change the sound by swapping out mics! Previously, you could only do this on the Roland digital recorders.
    Peter L. Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Hopefully Kirk will consider GS3 versions of his future releases. I know he didn't include the release samples in his recent string lib, due to polyphony concerns. If he were to provide a GigaPulse model of the hall he used, that would be fantastic!

-JF
    Jon, polyphony had nothing to do with the decision to not have the releases in this first release. Always, our concern has been that we wanted the lite ambience to insure that the whole KH Strings/Brass/Winds would blend with other libraries and that you could freely use any reverb you wanted with it.

If we have enough people ask for it, I'll definitely consider that for an upgrade, even if it's by subscription for those who would want it.
    Peter L. Alexander

Go Back to forum