• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sibelius 3 Upgrade Special - ends 24 Feb

Share/Bookmark

Sibelius 3 Upgrade Special - ends 24 Feb

In case any of you are interested,

50% off upgrade and crossgrade to Sibelius3. http://www.sibelius.com/

I wonder if there's going to be a Sibelius4 that can work better with GPO.

Re: Sibelius 3 Upgrade Special - ends 24 Feb

I odn't think so.. The guys at Sibelius want to sell their own Kontakt Gold-Library (which by the way is ridiculously overpriced and vastly inferior to GPO). It is in their own interest to make Sibelius as incompatible to GPO as possible.
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter
    My website: Above the staff.net

Quote Originally Posted by sub_circuit
    In case any of you are interested,

50% off upgrade and crossgrade to Sibelius3. http://www.sibelius.com/

I wonder if there's going to be a Sibelius4 that can work better with GPO.
    Yeah, if you live in America!

Bearing in mind Sibelius is a UK company, I can't believe how such offers don't appear to be made available to thier home market.

A crossgrade from Finale is approx. $736 in the UK compared to $200 in the US ?!?

Long live Overture.

i dont think the kontakt gold library is that overpriced- i live in Ireland and i got it for 189 euro.

- It's integration with sibelius makes it much easier to use than an external sampler.
    - For 189 euro you get not just a whole orchestra but steel string, clean and electric guitars, and a few kinds of bass guitars too. And tenor, alto and baritone saxophones.

now if only the samples didnt suck. Isn't the guitar in overdrive dreadful? The alto sax makes my ears bleed.

Sibelius didnt really develop the Kontakt Gold library, they just bought libraries for Sonic Implants, SAM, etc and sell it as a package.

It's always breaking too. Not too often for me I'm glad to say, but the Sibelius help page is filled with threads like "Kontkat's silence is not golden..."
    ""A woman should dress to attract attention. To attract the most attention, a woman should be either nude, or wearing something as expensive as getting her nude is going to be." -- P.J. O'Rourke

A crossgrade from Finale is approx. $736 in the UK compared to $200 in the US ?!?
    Conversion rates-plus VAT, of course!

It IS strange that the offer is not available in the UK or EU, but that's the wonderful world of MBA boy-wonders...
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Go Back to forum