• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any free midi loopbacks besides MidiYoke?

Share/Bookmark

Any free midi loopbacks besides MidiYoke?

I need a MIDI loopback, but Giga won\'t run if I have MIDI Yoke installed.

Are there any freeware loopback programs that play well with Giga?

Re: Any free midi loopbacks besides MidiYoke?

Maybe look for \"Hubi\'s midi loopback\" device.

MIDI OX

The answer is \"no\". GS does some sort of loopback test or something upon opening -- the app will spin forever eating up almost all of your CPU.

- Keith

Ooops... I forgot to add that I had no luck with MIDI Yoke or another commercial loopback product called \"MIDI Matrix\" from the company NTONYX. Fine product, but GS just isn\'t happy with them. Here\'s the workaround that allows you to keep you loopback devices installed, and still allow GS to run (though you can\'t run GS with the loopback devices, I guess): as long as some app has the input side of the loopback device opened, GS can\'t open the device. So here\'s what I did:

=> get MIDI OX, and configure to monitor the inputs of each loopback device -- each time you start OX the inputs will be opened

=> create a windows batch file to kick off OX if not already running, then kick off GS -- GS will pop up and not try to open the MIDI ins that OX already has open.

This only works for MIDI devices that can\'t be shared -- I think this is how I got it to work with the NTONYX stuff. The MIDI Yoke drivers may allow sharing between apps, so that wouldn\'t help you since GS will still be able to open the ins. I don\'t have the loopbacks installed anymore since I have two sets of hardware MIDI I/O if I need a loopback. I do like OX as a utility, though. I\'ll dig up the batch file, and you can try it with Yoke. If it doesn\'t work try with others. The NTONYX stuff is cheap if I remember correctly, but it\'s not free. I\'d try it with free drivers first...

- Keith

I highly recomend the marblesound driver. Is the same of GOS and is available for download on the marblesound site...

I use the Sonic Foundry Virtual Midi Router, which works a treat, and also doesn\'t send GigaStudio into a 100% CPU spaz out.

You can download it from Sonic Foundry\'s website free, but only if you have a valid ACID, Vegas, or Sound Forge serial number.

Reptile

Go Back to forum