• Register
  • Help

Topic: SiS648FX chipset question

Share/Bookmark

SiS648FX chipset question

Does anyone know if using my SiS648FX chipset could be causing greyed out midi ports in giga and no midi response at all? I have heard that sometimes there are conflicts between certain motherboards, soundcards, and giga. I have a Gina 24/96.

Re: SiS648FX chipset question

I doubt it. I have used several other SiS chipsets without any problems with GS.

I disable onboard audio. Do you use it?

I\'ve built a bunch of Gigas with SIS...no problems from that quarter. What\'s your midi device? Has it ever worked? Does it show up in the audio tab of \"sounds\" on the control panel? jc

Guys, I am still having this problem. Greyed out ports, virtual kbd just sits there and cannot be used. Midisport 4x4 is showing up fine. SUggestions?

If you are still using the Gina as indicated in your post from months ago, It may be the Gina driver that is causing the problem. There was a problem with the newest driver 6.08 and Gigastudio. If you go back to one of the earlier Gina drivers (6.04) everything should work fine.

Thanks all. I aactually got it to work by disabling hyper-threading. I also installed correct Gina drivers.

Go Back to forum