• Register
  • Help

Topic: RMX 1.21 auto-shut off in DP 4.5

Share/Bookmark

RMX 1.21 auto-shut off in DP 4.5

I'm using DP 4.5, not updated to 5.1 or 5.2 because of the issues I had read about with DP and Spectrasonics apps. OSX 10.2.8.

Now RMX, when a fresh instantiation is opened, works fine, but after I change patches a few times or shut down and re-open, it will not play. Press play and it cycles 1 time through a pattern without making any sound, then stops. If open a new instance, it plays again, but the preset is lost.

I have installed Backbeat, LG and Metamorphosis, if this is a clue. Before I did this, everything seemed to work fine.

Also, I just found if I set RMX to a main audio out, it works, but if set to an aux buss, it does not. Not just inaudible, but no activity in the RMX VU meters.

Is there a fix?
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Re: RMX 1.21 auto-shut off in DP 4.5

That doesn't sound right. Digital Performer doesn't support multiple outputs in audio units. How are you you setting the output to an aux bus?

- Glenn

Re: RMX 1.21 auto-shut off in DP 4.5

I add an RMX instrument and select the output as an aux track with (for example) bus 3-4 in and main bus out. (there is an option to add 'New Aux Track Via Stereo (or mono) Bundle' which lets you select any stereo or mono bus, and works more consistently than just adding an aux then assigning, but the same problem happens - not every time, just enough to be annoying....
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Go Back to forum