• Register
  • Help

Topic: gigastudio won`t re-install

gigastudio won`t re-install

I`m having major problems with re-installing GigaStudio 3. I keep getting this message when gigastudio is starting up: "Workstation has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I completely un-installed and re-installed the program.

nothing but problems with this and gigastudio96 last year. I`m seriously considering ditching this and getting Halion or Kontakt

Re: gigastudio won`t re-install

Your problem may not be a problem at all.

When GS3 is first installed, on its first launch it runs through all of your VSTs. On ones it can not load or process, it many times will "choke".

Given I have tons of VSTs, I had to run GS3 about 10 times to finally get GS3 to get through all of my VSTs.

Another way to see if this is your problem is to go into GigaStudio Configuration manager:
    "Start, All Programs, Tascam GigaStudio 3, GigaStudio Configuration Manager, Rewire/Plugins Tab". Then click on "Configure plugins".

If a screen displays that shows all of your plugins (included and excluded), your installation hasn't really completed yet.

Re: gigastudio won`t re-install

I`ve tried it at least 40 times and I still get the error message. Maybe tech support will come thru

Go Back to forum