• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Song - not classical

Share/Bookmark

New Song - not classical

Hi,

I don't know if I should really be bothering you with this, but I've just finished a song with a GPO string quartet and a French horn and trumpet.

It's called Phone Rage, and you can listen to it here http://www.soundclick.com/johnbranermusic.htm at the top of the list. The "ensemble" doesn't come in until 2:40, so you can fast forward if you're not into this type of music.

I just got a great plugin called "Vintage Warmer" and I ran the "ensemble" through it, and it fattened up the sound of the solo instruments very nicely. I also ran it through the SIR convolution reverb with the Concertgebouw impulse.

I know my "ensemble" is a little buried under the bass, drums, mangled guitar, and telephone robot - but I hope you like it

Any feedback appreciated....

Re: New Song - not classical

Very cool John! I really enjoyed the mangled guitar. And I especially liked the section when the ensemble came in. There were all these layers of music. It was like an organized chaos. Sounded fantastic.

My only negative comment would be that this piece is a little too repetitious. But I believe that's kind of the point, considering it's representing the experiences and feelings we all have when we have to sit through annoying automated menus just to get to a person (or in this case, not ).

And I think this is the perfect place for this music. GPO was used to enhance the piece.

Oh, and I really enjoyed the mangled guitar . Perhaps Gary should put out a rock 'n roll GPO!

- Michael
    -----------------------------
    - Michael Fortunato

Nice groove!!

Quote Originally Posted by mfortunato
    My only negative comment would be that this piece is a little too repetitious. But I believe that's kind of the point,
    Thanks for listening mike. I guess it is kind of repetative on purpose...

Quote Originally Posted by mfortunato
    And I think this is the perfect place for this music. GPO was used to enhance the piece.
    It's just that most of the people here seem to be into more "classical" types of music. I just wanted to give a warning

It was like an organized chaos.
    Just like inside my head!

Nice groove!!
    Thanks Fred. Thanks for listening ;-)

Go Back to forum