• Register
  • Help

Topic: The shortest piece Vivaldi never wrote *g*

Share/Bookmark

The shortest piece Vivaldi never wrote *g*

OK, it's not actually anywhere as good as Vivaldi.
    This is a demo for a mall spot- yes, a spring mall spot. They used Vivaldi last year and wanted something different, but still in a similar baroque vein, so I did this as a demo. If they say "yeah!" I'll have to make it twice as long.

Actually, I like it so much if I were into doing such derivative music I'd be highly tempted to make it a violin concerto- if I could just get my hands on a really good solo violin!! Hmmm... if I could just get my hands on a really good solo violin...

Small file, less than half a Mb and 20 seconds long:

http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/fred...que%20Demo.mp3

All GOS, of course, except for PMI's harpsichord.

Hope you like!!

Re: The shortest piece Vivaldi never wrote *g*

This sounds great, Fred! Yes, make it longer I want to hear more!
    The only thing I would suggest is not to seperate the parts to far left and far right - I would bring them more slightly center (then again, that could be because I am using headphones).

Thanks for posting it

Regards,
    Kin
    "Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall
    http://pjdeakin.blogspot.com/

This is excellent! I hope they say yes to it, I want to hear more!

- Michael
    -----------------------------
    - Michael Fortunato

Beautiful Fred. No harm with derivative music as long as the genre is worth derivitating! I look forward to hearing the full version.

Frank

Oo! What a fun piece.

I'm off to get my cup of tea and crumpets now...
    Steve A. Gallant

www.SteveGallant.com

I liked this short piece a lot. I've been lurking for a while and wanted to get in on the discussions...
    My only real complaint is that the strings appear to lag just a little. I wonder if you could nudge them ahead just a bit, so that they won't lag and then they'll keep right up with the harpsichord.
    But, still, Very nice and hope to hear more!

Thanks guys! After hearing it in context they thought classical wasn't the way to go and I agreed. The commercial's getting a generic light jazzy kind of Vince Guaraldi thing.

I do have a tendency to do very front row sort of panning!! String samples seem to always fall a litttle behind, especially with something outside like a harpsichord in the picture. I feel like I'm on but as I add more parts it all gets more and more sluggish. I usually tweak all that at the end. I may never do anything with this now because there's never time but when Gary's Strad is out I may try and take it somewhere. I do rather like it

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    Hmmm... if I could just get my hands on a really good solo violin...
    Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    I may never do anything with this now because there's never time but when Gary's Strad is out I may try and take it somewhere. I do rather like it
    silly me, I thought you were referring to Synful This was very lovely. It feels like just the setup, though. I want to hear that solo recorder let loose!! (agree about the sluggishness of the strings)

Well, I think Synful is a really really cool thing but by the time I can afford it it will probably have undergone a revision or two. Synful would do well (IMO, of course) to break off the strings and sell them for about half of what the package costs- I'd have it today. I can't wait to try out the Garritan violin and see what it can do.

Go Back to forum