• Register
  • Help

Topic: Something out of the ordinary for me.

Arrow Something out of the ordinary for me.

I've been working on a fantasy style video game. This will be the song that is played as background music for a sunken ruin/sand dune/oasis level. I hope you all enjoy. Please comment in any way shape or form you have. If you dislike, I'd like to know (i don't need detailed reasons if you don't care to give them). Thanks.

One World. One Experiment.

Re: Something out of the ordinary for me.

It's a very atmospheric piece... well done. (Spoiler: I loved it when the organ came in...) Nice ambiance, too, just the right amount of reverb.

Post more!
    Steve A. Gallant

This is great! I can picture myself playing a game in the context you described with this music playing in the background...When do we get to see the game?

"Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall

I think it would be very fun to play a game with this as the background music. I imagine something like the underwater part of Zelda64 "Ocarina of Time".

With videogame music, much of the enjoyability of the music is reliant on the game being enjoyable. Frustrating and disappointing games have been responsible for lots of music going unknown. But Great games often bolster even so-so music.

But on its own, your music would live up to the level of a great game. Congratulations!

New York City

This is really lovely. I loved the little snippets of organ and especially the strings that come in with the drum beat at around 2:08. I definitely need to play more with GPO strings.

I really like the way this piece builds and blends into it's different parts. Is there a website we can check this upcoming game out at?

- Michael
    - Michael Fortunato

Arrow Re: Something out of the ordinary for me.

I'm glad you all enjoyed it. I'm also really glad that my organ parts didn't go unnoticed. They're my favourite part. As for your questions about the game, its being developed by a guy who is trying to get into the biz. Its a demo to add to his portfolio. It will be based on the halflife 2 engine. I don't know much about creating computer games, but apparently there is a community of "mods" for Halflife two, and potential to create a completely seperate game using the HL2 engine, still it is yet to be done. WHen this game is released, it will be the only operating game based on the HL2 engine that isn't just a simple mod of the HL2 game. I may have some some details scuffled in my brain about what's going on in terms of the game development, but that is overall what is going on. The game should be out either late summer or early fall. The downside, without the HL2 original game you won't be able to play it because it needs its engine to run it. If you want anymore details, just ask and I'll see if I can figure out whats going on.
    One World. One Experiment.

Go Back to forum