• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Pictures at an Exhibition of Educators

Share/Bookmark

Pictures at an Exhibition of Educators

The past few weeks we were at several educators conferences - the Ohio Music Educators Conference (Feb 3-5), The Texas Music Educators Conference (Feb 10-12) and the MENC in Seattle (Feb 18 & 19). Here are some photos from the various educators shows.

Brian2112 rocking on the drums at Texas Music Educators Conference!

Those Rowloff guys know how to dress for a show. Next year I'm bringing my turbin.

Jeff, Brian and Allison about to enjoy a spin in Brian2212's new Camry. This car rides smooth. and is classy (like the people standing next to it )

Soothing the savage beasts at the Texas Music Educators Show.

Straight Tenor Sax (purple too!) and a Contrabass Trombone - they must be sampled!

Marianne, myself, Pat Azzarello and Tom Hopkins at the GPO Booth at MENC

Jim from Notion Software. I am very impressed with the way Notion is approaching notation and sampled sounds.

More pictures soon...

Re: Pictures at an Exhibition of Educators

Gary,
    Thanks for posting these. Allison and I had the time of our life!
    For all who weren’t there, Gary even serenaded us with harp music. Country harp music! Amazing! I think it gets lost somewhere in all this what a great harpist he really is.
    I’m glad to see a picture of Marianne at last! You guys look so good together!
    What I wanna know is, who is that Old Fat Guy with Short Hair at the drums? That can’t possibly the Brian2112…

…2112
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112

What I wanna know is, who is that Old Fat Guy with Short Hair at the drums? That can’t possibly the Brian2112…
    Just had to get there before I did, eh, Brian?
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Now see, Gary, if you'd worn your Llama Pajamas like I'd suggested, you would have far outshone these Rowloff guys. Shucks, if you'll ever do a conference in Atlanta, I might even show up in my bunny slippers.
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Talking Re: Pictures at an Exhibition of Educators

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan
    Just had to get there before I did, eh, Brian?
    I left it wide open for you to take a pot shot at the car....

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Thumbs up Re: Pictures at an Exhibition of Educators

Hey, Gary thanks for posting! We finally have Brians mug to put to his name! Nice car Brian!
    Gary, I would have worn a curly blond wig and long beige trench coat while playing the harp (po).
    Styxx

Gary,

The "contrabass trombone" in the picture is also called a CIMBASSO. They're quite popular in the studios in LA and they are an appropriate brass bass instrument for Verdi & similar operas, as opposed to a real tuba. Many tuba players are now using them!

That specific instrument in the picture is called a Tu-Bone...made IIRC by Shires from a design by Innova (Bob Fry??) It's perhaps a bit more conical (more like a tuba) than a true cimbasso (more cylindrical/tromboney)

Snor
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    I left it wide open for you to take a pot shot at the car....

Hey, what kind of a guy do you think I am? I don't hit people with glasses, either.
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    The past few weeks we were at several educators conferences - the Ohio Music Educators Conference (Feb 3-5), The Texas Music Educators Conference (Feb 10-12) and the MENC in Seattle (Feb 18 & 19).
    Cool!

dp

I really enjoyed my time at the show. Tom and I got a chance to break away and have lunch (very enlightening), and hanging with the Garritan's was a lot of fun. GPO is an amazing product, and educators can really use it to their advantage.

I had the extra bonus of vacationing on Orcas Island with my family this week, getting a chance to dine with Gary and Marianne as well. We had a great time, with great weather (Gary ordered it specifically for us), though at one point I think Gary was worried that my daughter wasn't going to stop hugging him
    Pat Azzarello
    http://www.patazzarello.com

Go Back to forum