• Register
  • Help

Topic: A James Horner melody?

Share/Bookmark

A James Horner melody?

Hi.. I need some help... While the tune sounds a bit like james horner in its arrangement, im curious if the melody is horners. In other words has james horner already composed this melody?

It starts abruptly since its the middle of the song

Re: A James Horner melody?

I can't find the link, Christian

Iván

lol - oh crap... wrong link...
    fixed

does sound like a hornor piece reminds me of a que of part of the movie with Charlize therron and the ape right as it gets cut off. Although many of his pieces seem like bits and pieces of recycled privious works. I still like him though.
    I do not regret the things I've done, but those I was unable to do.

It sounds a bit horny... I mean, horner, to me both in the use of the melody and the counterpoint, but it's not him either...

Maybe there are some ideas that remin me a bit of his score for Zorro.

Hope that helps

Iván

Yes its help

I can live with it being horny, just not being something hes written

Quote Originally Posted by Marcussen
    Yes its help

I can live with it being horny, just not being something hes written
    Well, I could say something along the lines of "He has to live with it so why can't you?" but that would be both a cheap shot and, of course, totally, utterly, entirely and completely untrue.

hehe - well.. you refering to his copying others work, or reduplicating his own?

Anyway... Any Horner experts who can tell me if he has done this melody.. it just sounds so familiar when I hear it

hehe - well.. you refering to his copying others work, or reduplicating his own?
    A bit of both... allegedly.

Anyway... Any Horner experts who can tell me if he has done this melody.. it just sounds so familiar when I hear it
    Even though I am no Horner expert, it doesn't sound specifically familiar. You shouldn't worry so much about it. After all, McCartney was terrified that Yesterday had been written by someone else because it sounded so instantly familiar to him. 40 years later and he's still waiting for a lawsuit!

Luck
    Heath

Go Back to forum