• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gypsy Fire Dance demo

Share/Bookmark

Gypsy Fire Dance demo

This piece is somewhat in the Gypsy tradition. A string trio it is; a lullaby it is not. My sequencer started smoking half way through and I had to mix it down before my computer caught fire.

http://www.planetcanadice.com/Music/...ce_M.Drost.mp3

Please lend it your ears and let me know what you think.

Marko

Thumbs up Re: Gypsy Fire Dance demo

Nice work Marko. Upfront and powerful, yet very musical. Just curious, What violin sounds are you using.

Re: Gypsy Fire Dance demo

A great piece Marko! I would recognize this as your style, which becomes stonger with each effort. Wonderful!

-JF

very

again what library. Vienna?

Cheers,

Jose

Marko has used KHSS in the past, and I believe that he is here as well. He may have additional ingredients in the recipe though...

-JF

Wow - Awsome expression!!! Nothing static about this at all, every note attack was taking it somewhere - very very cool. I dig the music!

Would you mind sharing your general technique for repeated notes? Really great peformance out of the KH vln.

Thank you.

As Jon suspects, I used the Kirk Hunter Solo Strings for this piece (and nothing else). The spiccato release trigger samples for the violin, viola, and cello are used a lot for the fast runs.

Mike,

Thanks.

The repeated notes are the release trigger samples. These are programmed with a lot of velocity layers to them. The violin solo is a combination of the basic violin program (Spiccato-detache-hard sustain-expressive legato whose articulations are controlled via the mod wheel) and the up down spiccato trigger release sample for the same instrument. I used these combinations of articulations to lend variety to the repeated notes. But it is really the up-down trigger release samples that I exploit in this piece.

Marko

I know I got to this thread late...but MAN. This sounds GREAT.

And KHSS is included with the KH Concert Strings, right?
    Sam Hulick
    Composer
    http://www.samhulick.com/

Yes, but I think it might be a subset. As I recall it's a good sized subset. The intent is that it's all you need. It's not intended to be a teaser for KHSS. I could be wrong about the subset thing though.

Kirk's Concert Strings are definitely on my short wish list. Money, money money...

-JF

The fast runs are really awsome. Only thing I'd critisize is that the attack of the sustaines is too slow.

Go Back to forum