• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gypsy Fire Dance demo

Gypsy Fire Dance demo

This piece is somewhat in the Gypsy tradition. A string trio it is; a lullaby it is not. My sequencer started smoking half way through and I had to mix it down before my computer caught fire.

Please lend it your ears and let me know what you think.

Thumbs up Re: Gypsy Fire Dance demo

Nice work Marko. Upfront and powerful, yet very musical. Just curious, What violin sounds are you using.

Re: Gypsy Fire Dance demo

A great piece Marko! I would recognize this as your style, which becomes stonger with each effort. Wonderful!

again what library. Vienna?

Marko has used KHSS in the past, and I believe that he is here as well. He may have additional ingredients in the recipe though...

Wow - Awsome expression!!! Nothing static about this at all, every note attack was taking it somewhere - very very cool. I dig the music!

Would you mind sharing your general technique for repeated notes? Really great peformance out of the KH vln.

Thank you.

As Jon suspects, I used the Kirk Hunter Solo Strings for this piece (and nothing else). The spiccato release trigger samples for the violin, viola, and cello are used a lot for the fast runs.

The repeated notes are the release trigger samples. These are programmed with a lot of velocity layers to them. The violin solo is a combination of the basic violin program (Spiccato-detache-hard sustain-expressive legato whose articulations are controlled via the mod wheel) and the up down spiccato trigger release sample for the same instrument. I used these combinations of articulations to lend variety to the repeated notes. But it is really the up-down trigger release samples that I exploit in this piece.

I know I got to this thread late...but MAN. This sounds GREAT.

And KHSS is included with the KH Concert Strings, right?
    Sam Hulick

Yes, but I think it might be a subset. As I recall it's a good sized subset. The intent is that it's all you need. It's not intended to be a teaser for KHSS. I could be wrong about the subset thing though.

Kirk's Concert Strings are definitely on my short wish list. Money, money money...

The fast runs are really awsome. Only thing I'd critisize is that the attack of the sustaines is too slow.

Go Back to forum