• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Letting go of your dreams ...

Share/Bookmark

Question Letting go of your dreams ...

Some people shouldn't worry so much. Some people should let go. Some are destined to be in the lime light. Some should stop, wake up, and realize the dream is over.
    When is enough and enough is enough? For most a dream is a dream no more than a dream.
    Time to let go.

If someone wrote to you this what would you expect?
    Styxx

Re: Letting go of your dreams ...

Sounds like someone emailed it to you instead of me.

That's advice I should follow.

Sounds like somebody is jealous of somebody else's attitude toward life! Somebody thinks somebody is getting too much attention!

As for letting go of a dream, that depends on what the dream is . . . some of those American Idol singers should really let go . . .

But some dreams are worth having, even if they never come true, like to make people happy through the music they write.

If you are unsure about the dream, just ask me, and I will judge for you!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Sounds like someone emailed it to you instead of me.

That's advice I should follow.
    That's Bull!

If everyone stopped chasing their dreams because some jerk said so, we'd have a lot less music to enjoy (among other things). Besides, it is in the pursuit of one's dreams that some of us realize that our dreams have altered for the better...not vanished!

It’s never too late. I’d rather die saying “I shouldn’t have” rather than “I should have”.

Live, create, and enjoy. The scale matters not. There will be those who you can share with, and those who reject your gift. Their Loss!!!

…2112

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    That's Bull!

If everyone stopped chasing their dreams because some jerk said so, we'd have a lot less music to enjoy (among other things). Besides, it is in the pursuit of one's dreams that some of us realize that our dreams have altered for the better...not vanished!

It’s never too late. I’d rather die saying “I shouldn’t have” rather than “I should have”.

Live, create, and enjoy. The scale matters not. There will be those who you can share with, and those who reject your gift. Their Loss!!!

…2112
    Well said
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Some people shouldn't worry so much. Some people should let go. Some are destined to be in the lime light. Some should stop, wake up, and realize the dream is over.
    When is enough and enough is enough? For most a dream is a dream no more than a dream.
    Time to let go.

If someone wrote to you this what would you expect?

I would expect that I wouldn't take their advice.

Toonyfish (on Fridays during Lent)

Well I have a plethora of dreams. All of which are quickly dying in the hard light of reality. That's a sad fact of life.

I just realized how morbidly depressed I sound (with ample reason), and I apologize. Just call me Mr. Sunshine.

Well I have a plethora of dreams. All of which are quickly dying in the hard light of reality. That's a sad fact of life.

I just realized how morbidly depressed I sound (with ample reason), and I apologize. Just call me Mr. Sunshine.
    Dangblammit J.B.

Look, you can't jump to the last chapter...you have to read the whole book. You have plenty of time.

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Hey Mr. Sunshine!

The only thing I have to add to what has been already posted is a definition of "old" that someone told me.

The definition of old is when your regrets take the place of your dreams.

Relating to this topic, I think that if you have lost your dreams and replaced them with so-called "reality" then you have consigned yourself to a fate that is even worse than never dreaming at all.

I think that we all adapt our dreams to "reality" so that there is still part of those dreams living in us. Some of my dreams change with each passing year - but they are still there. If I gave up on them simply because of my not reaching them yet - I would regret that. There are a LOT of goals and dreams that I have accomplished - and a LOT that haven't happened yet. no need to give up on the ones which haven't yet.

Not to preach or sound unrealistic or insensitive to other people's lives and problems. But - here is a personal motto of mine. I find it works for me.

ATTITUDE determines ALTITUDE

MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Aw man don't give up. Reality can be changed dude. The only reality there really is is the reality we agree to. If you agree that your reality is bleak then it will be.

I for one don't agree with you. If you don't think your dreams are going to come true then find some new ones. When I was a kid I use to dream of being in the Micky Mouse Club. I changed that one.

I really don't think that all dreams where meant to come true. But some of them do.

Do me a favor. Search your life and find some things that you stopped doing and consider a failure. Then ask yourself why did you do it in the first place? You'll soon find that fire again and you'll be all fired up again in no time.

We're only as good as are dreams and the only dreamers are people who do something artistic. If you really feel like reality is bearing down on you. Dream up a new reality. It's easily done.

Jose

Go Back to forum