• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Larry Seyer Acoustic Drums Video breaks 3000 download mark

Share/Bookmark

Larry Seyer Acoustic Drums Video breaks 3000 download mark

Thanks to all of you for the positive comments about the video demonstration for the "Larry Seyer Acoustic Drums" video.

We have hit the 3000 download point for the video... And its only been available for 2 weeks! ( YEAH!!!! )

If you haven't seen the video yet, it is available at http://www.larryseyer.com

Look in the upper left hand corner of the web page and click on the word 'video'. The video will stream from that location.

Or, if you would rather save it to your hard drive (or if you have a slow internet connection) right click on your mouse (or Control Click for Mac users) and choose the "Save Target As" option. You can then view the video after it downloads to your computer.

The FAQ is now located at http://www.larryseyer.com/lsl/faq.php

Best to all!

Larry Seyer
    http://www.larryseyer.com
    NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Larry Seyer's Profile at NorthernSounds.net

Talking Re: Larry Seyer Acoustic Drums Video breaks 3000 download mark

You're product is awesome. It's going to be a smash. I wish you all the best with this one. I for one plan to pick this baby up asap.

Cheers,

Jose

Re: Larry Seyer Acoustic Drums Video breaks 3000 download mark

but how do you get it in the UK?

Awesome video, Larry!

Totally smart audition feature; and the forward thinking performance implimentation. Man, I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Bravo!

Even though I already have the library, I enjoyed seeing the video -- it was fun to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by josejherring
    You're product is awesome. It's going to be a smash. I wish you all the best with this one. I for one plan to pick this baby up asap.
    Cheers,
    Jose
    Jose,

Thank you!

Best to you!

Larry Seyer
    NorthernSounds.NET.

Hey Larry , Nice video man and great expressive sounds . Good luck with the sales and everything !

I was reading the dedicated page for the question "Does your library come in other formats such as VST? (Kontakt, Halion, Mach 5, Vsampler, etc)?" which explains why it's only GIGA 3 format only .

Why don't you make a cut-down version that could be used on other samplers as well ? I mean , you have all the cool samples so the hardest part is already done -> all the velocity layers and the handpicked samps etc . You could make a "lite" version for other samplers ( Even giga studio 2.5 and / or Kontakt ) with Round Robin and such which would appeal to more semi-pro musicians and lower budget ( I don't know the price, but i suspect it must be quite high for what it's offering ) .

Not many have the pleasure of dedicating a whole Giga 3 machine for a drumset ( No matter how good they DO sound )

Even 1 GB of those samples made into a couple of sets for Kontakt, Mach5 etc would be awesome i think !

No offence meant with this post , just an idea

Theo
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

The problem is that it wouldn't even be close to the same.

Larry is actually USING Giga 3.0's full feature set, and the GigaPulse programming is so integral it would be difficult to maintain the quality on another platform.

You don't need to dedicate a whole machine to the drums. Using an Athalon 3000+ based machine, I am able to easily run a whole rhythm section worth of samples in addition to the drumset in real time.
    You could easily freak-out with multiple GigaPulse instances all over the kit and run a machine up to the limit, and it would be an even more amazing sound, but Larry has not programmed it to be that CPU intensive out of the box.

Hey Bruce, just saw the reply

I guess you are right, you won't be getting even half of the quality in another format . Gigapulse does rock
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Quote Originally Posted by Theodor
    Hey Larry , Nice video man and great expressive sounds . Good luck with the sales and everything !
    Thanks! The video was fun to do.

And Sales are good! (thank goodness)

I was reading the dedicated page for the question "Does your library come in other formats such as VST? (Kontakt, Halion, Mach 5, Vsampler, etc)?" which explains why it's only GIGA 3 format only .

Why don't you make a cut-down version that could be used on other samplers as well ? I mean , you have all the cool samples so the hardest part is already done -> all the velocity layers and the handpicked samps etc . You could make a "lite" version for other samplers ( Even giga studio 2.5 and / or Kontakt ) with Round Robin and such which would appeal to more semi-pro musicians and lower budget ( I don't know the price, but i suspect it must be quite high for what it's offering ) .
    Bruce has already answered this, but I think it would be good to elaborate on that topic a bit here...

This library uses features that can only be found in GS3...

Even if other platforms (i.e. Kontakt, Halion, Vsampler etc) could somehow read the format of this library, most of the library would be lost in the translation because none of the other formats can read GigaPulse Pro data.

This library relies HEAVILY on GigaPulse for its sounds, rooms, and microphone modeling features. Simply copying the sounds from the .GIG files (even if it is done properly) will leave most of the cool features of the library behind.

Since I've already covered all of the reasons in depth in the page http://www.larryseyer.com/lsl/why.php I won't repeat them all here... but the jist of that page is that there is no other sampler/host/wrapper that has the features necessary for this library to function properly. (as of Feb, 2005)

Not many have the pleasure of dedicating a whole Giga 3 machine for a drumset ( No matter how good they DO sound )
    I understand totally... and that's ok.

And also as Bruce said, it is entirely possible and practical to run this library on the same machine with other sound libraries...

You do NOT have to dedicate a machine for this library! (even though, I DO recommend it)

I would not recommend doing 5 channel or 7 channel surround with other libraries loaded, but certainly stereo works just fine.

This library is aimed at the high-end professional who is looking for the absolute best in drum sounds... There are no excuses made about that.

For those who's priorities don't agree with the concept and vision of this library, there are many other great sounding drum libraries out currently.

DFH Superior, BFD, Scarbee, and others are great sounding drum libraries.

I highly recommend using those libraries if this library appears to be beyond one's grasp at the moment.

But obviously, I would like for everyone to consider purchasing this library first! (grin)

The reality is that I like doing things 'over the top'... This is simply another case in point where I went overboard with ideas and features... and had a blast doing it.

Hopefully others will appreciate the amount of work, thought and detail that went into this library as much as I do.

No offence meant with this post , just an idea
    Absoutely none taken. In fact, thank you!

I appreciate hearing from everyone with suggestions and comments.

Best to all!

Larry Seyer
    NorthernSounds.NET.

Go Back to forum