• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Giga an the network :-(

Share/Bookmark

Giga an the network :-(

I work with 2 gigasStudio\'s connected by network, in this case, impossible to work with quicksound database. If I want to add a giga sound file in \"quicksound advanced configuration\", \"ok\" stay in Gray... Please Help Thx

Re: Giga an the network :-(

When you say they are connected via network, excactly what are you referring to? Are you trying to load samples that is stored on one pc into another over lan? That is generally not a good idea..

Thx Bluenote to reply

Yes, gig files are stored on \"computer 2\" and would like to have access to those files with \"computer 1 via QuickSound database\". But it stay in gray.

Originally posted by BlueNote:
    When you say they are connected via network, excactly what are you referring to? Are you trying to load samples that is stored on one pc into another over lan? That is generally not a good idea..
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Blue, why is it not a good idea. I was thinking of doing the same thing as soon as I have my DAW networked.

It doesn\'t work and isnt fast enough.

Originally posted by Philippe Heritier:
    Yes, gig files are stored on \"computer 2\" and would like to have access to those files with \"computer 1 via QuickSound database\". But it stay in gray.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You have to map the network drives to a drive letter in Explorer. Your performance streaming samples over a 100Mbs network definitely is not as good as a local hard disk, but it is useful if you have some low usage samples that you don\'t have room for on your local hard drive.

Thx Killer

Don\'t know if i can do that but i will try :-)

Ok Killer

I map the network drives to a drive letter \"Z\"
    and now quicksound recognize the drive... but

this drive stay empty when i refresh database

so... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

anyway quicksoud recognize only the drive \"D\" of the first comput. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Have you tried to entirely rebuild the database? I don\'t know why, but sometimes the refresh function just doesn\'t work for me either and a complete rebuild is required.

/Mattias

You have to rebuild the entire database. Refresh doesn\'t always work. Alternatively, double click on the channel slot at the top and a File Open dialog will pop up where you can load in any local or network sample.

Go Back to forum