• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: PMI Harpsichords and Others

Share/Bookmark

PMI Harpsichords and Others

I need several different sounding harpsichords.

I have the GPO harpsichord and the SampleTekk Harpsichord.

I am looking for different sounds, including Lute settings, etc.

PMI has Historic Keyboards, Harpsichord 1 disk, and Harpsichord 2 disk. However, from the site I can't figure out if the harpsichords on Disk 1 are the same as the harpsichords on Historic Keyboards.

I read in a review that the PMI harpsichords do include lute settings, but I can't figure out which ones. I have sent email to PMI (several days ago), but there has been no response.

Can anyone who has these harpsichords offer any insight as to which might add to what I have? Are there other sample disks available I haven't mentioned that might be of interest to me. Thank you!

Re: PMI Harpsichords and Others

Well, I have PMI historic keyboards, which I like quite a bit. The only harpsichord samples I have to compare it with are the ones in my two electric pianos, a Yamaha P80, and a Kawai MP9500, and its way better then those.

It comes with a variety of keyboards and variations on them. One is a Flemish Harpsichord Lute, which has an interesting sound, different from the regular Flemsich harpsichord. Its also got a French Harpsichord, and a Forte Piano. I like the sound effects on some of the harpsichord samples of the key release.

cjsm

PMI Historic Keyboards is AMAZING. I would have paid twice as much for it. There is also a virginal in addition to the other three instruments. They all sound great.

Jack, I asked this question on a PMI Price Drop thread earlier this week (page three of the three thread list). Sounds like the collection contains the other volumes. At any rate, the collection is the one I'm going to go for.

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...9&page=1&pp=10

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

The PMI harpsichords are very good. I have my Giga machine down right now so I can't check, but there is one in particular that I just adore.

Quote Originally Posted by Seq
    Jack, I asked this question on a PMI Price Drop thread earlier this week (page three of the three thread list). Sounds like the collection contains the other volumes.
    It does.

D'oh! Too short to post.

It does. It does. It does. It does. It does.

Thank you, I found the other thread. I had actually read it already, but just the first couple of posts. I didn't realize it was about harpsichords.

I am big fan Michiel's "fortepiano" library. Still I wish PMI or another producer would provide us with another "fortepiano" library to add to the arsenal. Oh well hope springs eternal, eh?

I think the people that have replied are wrong.
    The Historic Keyboards bundle does NOT contain all the harpsichords on vol. I and II.
    Vol.I supposedly contains Flemish and Italian harpsichords.
    My Historic Keyboards does not contain an Italian harpsichord.

Post Historic Keyboards contains Post Harpsichords Vol 1 (A Flemisch and a French Harpsichord), Vol 2 (A virginal) and Post Fortepiano, with all samples cleaned (there was some background noise in the individual original libraries) and som enew key-switched patches.
    I have no Italian instrument.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Go Back to forum