• Register
  • Help

Topic: Comments on this song please! :)

Share/Bookmark

Comments on this song please! :)

Hi,

Almost finished a new song, the end is not done yet. Theres not much effect on notes legato and all that since I am not really sure how all that work yet. Please comments even if you dont like!

http://www.rentgame.ca/song/toune13.mp3

Re: Comments on this song please! :)

Saldor, keep working on it, add a little more reverb and lower the piano a bit. Keep goin' !

dpDan

Hi Saldor,
    Thanks for posting your music.
    Personally, I think this could be a lovely piece. I think it would work better at a slightly slower tempo. The piano is very mechanical at the moment and needs that "human touch" (play around with velocities and ritards/accels here and there).
    I would also like to hear a main melody played over everything - it sounds like accompaniment at the moment. Musically, I think this piece is interesting and has the potential to become very emotional, with more work.
    The horns could be more legato, not following the rhythm as much as they do. The best part of the piece in my opinion is from 4:23 to 5:08.

I hope I wasn't too critical, I am just saying what I think would improve what is already a great piece of music.

Please post this again if you work on it further and thanks for sharing it.

Regards,
    Kin
    "Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall
    http://pjdeakin.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Kinvint
    Hi Saldor,
    Thanks for posting your music.
    Personally, I think this could be a lovely piece. I think it would work better at a slightly slower tempo. The piano is very mechanical at the moment and needs that "human touch" (play around with velocities and ritards/accels here and there).
    I would also like to hear a main melody played over everything - it sounds like accompaniment at the moment. Musically, I think this piece is interesting and has the potential to become very emotional, with more work.
    The horns could be more legato, not following the rhythm as much as they do. The best part of the piece in my opinion is from 4:23 to 5:08.

I hope I wasn't too critical, I am just saying what I think would improve what is already a great piece of music.

Please post this again if you work on it further and thanks for sharing it.

Regards,
    Kin

Hi,

Thank you for listening to it! I am not sure what you mean by ritards/accels (I am not familiar with cubase etc yet The horns more legato you mean my Basoon who do the Accompagnement ? (I put him stacato at some place).

Thanks!

Go Back to forum