• Register
  • Help

Topic: secondary hard drive

Share/Bookmark

secondary hard drive

i am going to be installing a secondary hard drive to run gigastudio 3.0 anybody know a good hard drive to install and how much space should i be looking for....thanks don

Re: secondary hard drive

External or internal?
    I found that external Maxtors work really well for my sroring needs, for my financial needs, and for my noise needs. They're fast, cheap, and quiet. I'm not a giga user, I'm thinking of getting it, but I'll need a new computer first. I'm imagining you'll need a good size drive (around 120 gigs) if your looking to have a good full orchestra library.
    That's all I really know about.

Good luck,
    Chris

Hi Don, I'm a new Giga user, and also had to purchase a secondary drive for my for samples as recommended by everyone. I bought a Western Digital 160 GB from Circuit City for $69.00 after their almost useless rebate. It works awesome! I installed it into my Dell PC myself, and I know nothing about computers, but I am smart enough to ask questions and read. Like you!

dpDan

Quote Originally Posted by drum613
    i am going to be installing a secondary hard drive to run gigastudio 3.0 anybody know a good hard drive to install and how much space should i be looking for....thanks don
    Don,

Just to clarify, Tascam suggests you actually load and run GS3 on your System drive, and then store samples on a different drive (I assume this is really what you meant, but I wanted to make sure).

Regarding space, you should try to get a drive as large as you need for sample purchases. I would recommend a 250GB (I don't know if they make internal ones that big).

Don,

My choice is a 300 GB Maxtor 7200 RPM..

Get it cheap at Zipzoomfly.com

I run 4 drives total in one computer with 2 Gigs ramj and 3.2ghz PIV

Alan Russell
    Please Visit My New & Revised Official Website Below

http://AlanRussell-Music.com

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Hines
    I would recommend a 250GB (I don't know if they make internal ones that big).
    Actually, I just found one internal one that was 800 gb!!!!
    What would someone do with ALLLL that space?

Store samples, of course!

Chris

Go Back to forum