• Register
  • Help

Topic: Your typical heroic anthem, romantic B section, and heroic anthem reprise...

Share/Bookmark

Your typical heroic anthem, romantic B section, and heroic anthem reprise...

Like Star Wars or so many other action movie main titles.

http://members.aol.com/cerrabore/maintheme.mp3

I did this many months ago and probably know a few more things about music and GPO now, but I haven't really put them to use. So here it is. Samples are all GPO, BTW.

Re: Your typical heroic anthem, romantic B section, and heroic anthem reprise...

Excellent stuff! I like the motif, very catchy - something easy to hum after only 1 or 2 listens. The piece seems to lack bass though. Pump up the bass and post it again, at least just for me (I'm a bass player so I'm a bit biased)

Regards,
    Kin
    "Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall
    http://pjdeakin.blogspot.com/

Re: Your typical heroic anthem, romantic B section, and heroic anthem reprise...

Wow, that's nice! I can visualize the opening credits scrolling up the movie screen as those enormous theater speakers are playing your music so that we can hear AND feel it.

Very good writing!

Regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Thanks, guys.

Perhaps the bass is low because my bass speaker is too powerful. I can't figure out how to turn it down, in fact (allegedly, its volume is already at 0), and disconnecting it won't work, because it's the main hub for the speakers, AC adaptor plug, etc. Guess I'll have to take that into consideration in the future!

Very, very nice orchestration!! You are right, it's really "John Williams" sounding

Who doesn't imitate him at least one time in his composing life?

http://www.webalice.it/fatis12/files...20fanfares.mp3

The only comment I add is: with the theme we can really do better, it's not enough to reach the sound, we must work a little more around the melody...but our salary doesn't give us enough time perhaps...

congratulations anyway,
    ciao

This reminds me of the Wing Commander series of games for the PC. It has a very heroic, space opera-esque feel (as you so mentioned when you posted).

I can't think of any comments to improve upon it musically (and I don't consider myself well versed enough to do so) but I feel it could have a little more "oomph". Perhaps it's just a bass boost like Kinvint suggested.

Otherwise, fabulous stuff!

- Michael
    -----------------------------
    - Michael Fortunato

Go Back to forum