• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO and Diva Extended -

Share/Bookmark

GPO and Diva Extended -

Due to restrictions this has been deleted.
    Styxx

Re: GPO and Diva Extended -

Sounds like you have been busy and having fun with GPO Styxx!

Whatever sequencer you are using, make sure you go back and draw in pitch bends to and from "her" notes, good job!

dpDan

Nice!! Man, that sounds really good!

It sound good. I have tried a bit Diva too but was not able to do much yet. I have never heard the original of this song, so I cannot demolish it !

Saldor

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Here is another piece from The Wizard of OZ for you to demolish. It is entirely GPO and Diva Extended. I've been having a blast working with both and mixing vocal with orchestra is proving to be one heck of a learning experience.
    You have my permission to pull this apart with suggestions, tips, experiences and just plain love for the Wheezier of GOS!
    This is the "Into To Munchkinland" where the house has already fallen, Dorothy and Toto open the door and walk into Munchkinland.
    "Toto, I have a feeling we're in Kansas anymore."
    "Yeah, so where's the nearest fire hydrant?

http://www.twinzzapstudio21.com/Demo...nlandIntro.mp3

Boy, it's been awhile since I've posted anything.....
    I feel somewhat somehow somewhere over the rainbow! Ding Dong, Which is dead? This is trully awesome work Styxx! MORE please....WOW, this is great (it's on loop) I could do with a bit more bass on it, but apart from that, Toto and I are very, VERY happy.

I wish I could do GPO stuff like this...if I only had a brain!

Hmmmff
    Kin
    "Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall
    http://pjdeakin.blogspot.com/

Holy Cow, Mikey! DRUMMERS aren't supposed to be able to do things like this! It's a well-known fact that they are all tone-deaf.

This is really good. I love the "human" voice Diva sound and you did a remarkable job in blending everything together. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    Sounds like you have been busy and having fun with GPO Styxx!

Whatever sequencer you are using, make sure you go back and draw in pitch bends to and from "her" notes, good job!

dpDan
    Pitch bends? Wholly molly I never thought about it! Thanks, now this will obviously give a better slide up and down on certain notes right? Dahh, what a maroon I am!
    Glad you like it. You don't think there was too much verb on Diva do you? I was going for the mysterious effect somewhat like when you walk into a restroom of a dilapidated sports center!
    Thanks Larry! Coming from the master of music that's quite a compliment! You're right about the tone deaf issue though. I usually have my perppyderg siting in the room with me listening. If she turns her head to the left the notes flat. If she cocks her head to the right, the note is sharp. And, obviously if her head is straight forward the note is on! It's when she squats and starts to wet the rug when everything is real bad and I should give up!
    I'm happy everyone else likes it. It took a week to put together. Mixing voices is tuff work and time consuming.
    Styxx

I think the reverb was just fine Styxx, keep up the great work!

dpDan

Just curious. . . I don't know the score, but is this your arrangement?? Are you sequencing the original score??

I just listened to this piece through crappy speakers on a computer where I work. And it sounded just fine!

I'm going to start making time to listen to people's compositions/arrangments/orchestrations mostly as a learning experience for myself. I like what you did with what appears to be subtle tempo changes. It obviously helps make sequenced music more "natural" or "human". And it works for this arrangement.

Thank you for sharing.

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Just curious. . . I don't know the score, but is this your arrangement?? Are you sequencing the original score??
    From the score and by ear listening to the original recording.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast