• Register
  • Help

Topic: GigaPulse (Orchestra) - Which recorded spaces?

Share/Bookmark

Question GigaPulse (Orchestra) - Which recorded spaces?

Hi

I've been looking around for info on which recorded spaces (halls etc) are included in GigaPulse, but to no avail.

Perhaps someone can either point me to where I can find this info, or list them here if it's not too much trouble.

Also, I'm not sure whether this differs between the various GigaPulse editions. If it does, then I'm mainly interested in the spaces included in the Orchestra version.

Needless to say, the microphones included are also of interest (one can make out a few in some screenshots), but I'm mainly interested in the spaces since I haven't found any specific info about that.

Thank's in advance

Rodney

Re: GigaPulse (Orchestra) - Which recorded spaces?

GS3 Orchestra comes with GigaPulse Pro, which allows you to use GigaPulse impulses with ANY GigaStudio libraries (or with any audio you route into GS3 Orch if you have a GSIF-2 audio driver).

GS3 Orchestra and GS3 Ensemble come with GigaPulse SP, which is a restricted "player only" version of GigaPulse. The key point to understand is that GS3 Solo/Ensemble can ONLY playback GigaPulse impulses that have been embedded into GS3 libraries (effectively meaning the sample library has to have the impulses "built-in"). Realistically, there are very few GS3 libraries available with embedded impulses.

I would recommend either buying GS3 Orchestra, or wait and buy the "GigaPulse VST" product:
    http://www.tascam.com/Products/GigaPulse.html

I am not aware of any list of GigaPulse Pro impulses, but there are 31 impulses. Besides the actual impulses, there is the ability to use different mics, and place those mics in different locations within a 2-dimensional space.

The GS3 "Virtual Tour" may help:
    http://www.tascamgiga.com/video/GS3_SW_Tour/index.htm

Martin, many thank's for your reply.

Anyone else who has info on the recorded spaces? Perhaps someone who owns GS3 Orchestra?

Rodney

Hm, hmmm, I use GS3.0 Orchestra but would be also very interested in the VST-Version of that effect. Does anyone know about an crossgrade-offer or how to do that?

Thanks,
    Markus.

Quote Originally Posted by Markus S
    Hm, hmmm, I use GS3.0 Orchestra but would be also very interested in the VST-Version of that effect. Does anyone know about an crossgrade-offer or how to do that?

Thanks,
    Markus.
    GigaPulse VST has not yet been released, and as of yet, no "crossgrade" offer has been mentioned. I am definitely hoping for one.

On the Sonic Control forum at one point I read that the names of places, halls of the recorded spaces will not be made public, something to do with a signed non-disclosure agreement by Larry Seyer.

Ted

Go Back to forum