• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS160 Won't Load in XP???

Share/Bookmark

GS160 Won\'t Load in XP???

I just upgraded my Giga PC, and have switched from 98SE to Windows XP. Brand new install on a fresh drive.

Upon starting the installation process with version 2.50, I get the message \"This particular install was not designed to be used with Windows XP\".

Yet, according to Tascam\'s documentation supporting 2.50 and later, it is designed to run in XP.

Anybody have a magic trick?

Thanks,
    Trond

Re: GS160 Won\'t Load in XP???

Thats a strange one. Have you tried loading the XP updates and service packs first? Maybe if XP is up to date it will be more tolerable.

trond, there are different updates for W98 and XP - i\'m pretty sure you tried to install the wrong ones
    christian

I loaded XP and service packs first. After failing in an install attempt from the original Gigastudio CD (98SE only, I later noticed), I removed Gigastudio remnants, and tried again starting with the \'XP approved\' Gigastudio updates.

This is where I am now. I\'m trying to start with 2.50, and go from there, but I\'m told 2.50 wasn\'t designed to work in XP.

Puzzled still
    Trond

As Scott points out- there are different setup files for W2K/XP and Windows 9x. You are probably using the wrong version. 2.50 and later will work with XP.

As Scott points out- there are different setup files for W2K/XP and Windows 9x. You are probably using the wrong version. 2.50 and later will work with XP.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Actually Christian pointed it out. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] And it\'s a good point.

Yeah.. sorry about that [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Guess I was a little tired. Gotta stop replying here when I should be headed for bed [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks for the thoughts, guys.

Problem solved. I had kept all the update files on a CD, and when I recently looked at the Tascam site, I saw the notes on the first update list page showing the OS compatibility of each of the versions.

It had been so long since I downloaded the files that I simply didn\'t realize that when you clicked on that download link, you were faced with a later choice of files depending on OS. Naturally, I had only old 98SE files. Which I mistakenly thought were also XP compatible, because of the presentation of the first list at the Tascam site.

Anyway, problem solved. You were all right.

Trond

Go Back to forum