• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: In Appreciation of Joseph Burrell

Orcas Island

In Appreciation of Joseph Burrell

I wanted to thank Joseph Burrell for all he does - for the help he gives people and the outstanding contribution he has made to this forum. Joseph has been our moderator since August and I cannot believe how lucky we have been to have him with us.

He has been here for us every day - freely giving of himself without expecting anything in return. When people need advice or have problems, Joseph is always there to lend a helping hand. He is encouraging and supportative to all. He spends a great deal of personal time being everyone's support - even for non-GPO related problems. You may not know it, but people have told me about Joseph private messaging and helping them with their computer problems. The words people convey about Joseph are about his caring, patience, kindness and intelligence. We probably don't even know a fraction of what he has done to help people.

Joseph is one of the most talented and gifted people I have had the opportunity to know and a consummate professional in all his work. He wrote the 142 page Overture Tutorial, did the Xmas CD and Nutcracker CD download pages, artwork and players, the X-Custom Flash tutorial, the FL Studio and Orian tutorials, templates, pdfs, update docs, and a lot more. These are but a few examples of the quality and meticulous work he has done. He simply sees needs and he instinctively fills them. And all on his own - without me or anyone else asking.

In addition to being here every day doing one of the toughest jobs (keeping all of you in line! ), Joseph has a full-time job and the demands of a young family. He does all of this on a volunteer basis in his spare time. It doesn't seem Joseph gets much sleep based on his nocturnal posts. With all of this he maintains a great sense of humor and also looks great in a batman costume.

So please join me in thanking Joseph for the outstanding contribution he has made to this forum; and for all the time, energy and sacrifice he has given to this community. Without Joseph's contribution this forum would not be what it is. I could write a lot more about Joseph but any attempt to adequately write about him would make this the longest thread in history.

I am fortunate to count Joseph as a friend and so very glad he is an important part of this community.

Gary Garritan

Re: In Appreciation of Joseph Burrell

I would also tell JB how much I appretiate his friendship - maybe he curses me for recommending him for the position - but if he is like me - there isn't anything he honestly would rather be doing. Music is life.

JB's work is awesome - not to mention his dedication. And his music ain't bad either - especially for someone so new to the field (JB never wrote ANY music before recieving GPO).

Thanks JB for being a friend and for all your contributions to the NSS community.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Thank you for your contributions Joseph, thank you for hosting my tunes on your personal webspace a number of times, and thanks for being a great guy!

Joseph has indeed been a major inspiration in his love for the site and music. I have been the fortunate recipient of his wisdom and technical support since I arrived.

Very special thanks to Joseph for his impact on my GPO knowledge base and his tireless dedication to perpetuating excellence in music.

I need to be convinced of his BATMAN costume however. ROFL

Paul O
    Windows XP-pro SP2, Pentium 4
    3.4 GHz, 2GB RAM
    GPO & Finale 2005b.r1

Music is moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true and beautiful. -- Plato

Joseph, many thanks for all that you do, and best wishes for happiness in your life.

- Cool Tunes for Kids -

Thanks Joseph for all that you've done. I know that you've been there for me when I've needed advice. Thanks! I know that you do a lot for everyone - I personally don't know how you can do it all!! Please know that you're special to us!! Thanks again!

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: In Appreciation of Joseph Burrell

What can I say ... Thanks for being you Joseph Burrell and all the countless times you helped me and others.

Out of my Mind

Thumbs up Re: In Appreciation of Joseph Burrell

J.B. If you had any idea of the number of people you have inspired, helped and encouraged, you would probably not believe it. I want you to know that we all appreciate you so much, and more importantly we are pound to call you friend. Although I have never met you face to face, I feel like you are family. Staying up late and playing around on the forum are nights that I will never forget.Thanks for everything J.B.! - But mostly for being you. There is no one else like you. I am so proud to have such a wonderful friend and collegue. You are one of the most creative people I have ever met.

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Wha? Joseph Burrell? Who's that? What's he done for me I ask you? Eh? Nothing. That's what.

Seriously... Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for these kind words when yours truely needs them the most. You guys don't know how hard the past few weeks have been for me. But I keep chugging along and hopefully things will turn out okay.

But, until then, its good to know you've all got my back. At least, I hope that's you standing back there.

And Alan, I thank you every day for bringing me into the fold. Under my breath with lots of swearing, that is.

I'm among those you helped, Joseph. You may not remember all of us - we do! And appreciate! God bless you and your family.

Go Back to forum