• Register
  • Help

Topic: Left wing Religion

Share/Bookmark

Left wing Religion

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    It just occured to me that most people associate Religion with the political right, but this is misleading because i have read Left wing Religion and in fact have been quite influenced by it, just thought i would pass on some useless information for your disposal

Re: Left wing Religion

Thanks. I HATE listening to crap from the "religious right". I hope the religious left keeps it's mouth shut while it's ahead.

Politics and religion don't mix, no matter who I vote for.
    "They get what they vote for." PaulR

We agree on that.

Actually i was thinking also that Philosophy and Religion can be left orientated but not necessarily political, does that make sense?
    Any way i am reading a book at the moment now on our democracy here in Australia, and one of the themes is we should stop thinking in terms of left and right, and instead see what we all share, and just agree to disagree on the rest. Good point i guess, because i think if the ship sinks it wont matter where you are politically anyway, especially when the powerful use the left-right divide to gain more power anyway.

Talking Re: Left wing Religion

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal
    Thanks. I HATE listening to crap from the "religious right". I hope the religious left keeps it's mouth shut while it's ahead.

Politics and religion don't mix, no matter who I vote for.
    But your wrong because Jesus Christ ultimately was a political activist of the left

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    We agree on that.

Nick in Latin America the Jesuits came to the real realization that without politcal change and awareness the living standards of the poor , who were being exploited by rich U.S.A corporations would never improve.
    Now is this what you would advocate if your country was under the same material conditions?

The religous right are being used by Bush for his political advantage, why not counteract that with a broader interpretation regarding religion. Ultimately you cant seperate Religion and Politics any more than you can seperate Religion and Life or Politics and Life.

Go Back to forum