• Register
  • Help

Topic: Jazz and Big Band ETA?

Share/Bookmark

Jazz and Big Band ETA?

Sorry to be nipping at your heels, Gary, but how's the Big Band Library progressing? Do you have an idea of what month we might be looking at? I'd love to show it at a National Conference that I'm speaking at the end of May if it's ready!

Take care,

Marcel

Re: Jazz and Big Band ETA?

They said April, but I'm expecting to wait until July. Especially so for GPO Advanced.

Not being pessimistic here, but good products usually require enormous amounts of work and refining before they hit the market. If they keep adding instruments to GPO Advanced it will only get better, but we all know that takes time.

I always set it back three months. I could be wrong, but in most cases I've been right.

No point in rushing something. Even if it took another year, it would be worth the wait for me. I wouldn't want to wait that long, but I'm sure the extra time would be taken ensuring a high quality end result.

Quote Originally Posted by benjamind
    They said April, [...]
    Did they? Last I heard they're sticking to policy of "no dates", such as not to disappoint. And if anything, I think we were told that the Solo Strad was first in the pipeline.

Mind you, I would not be upset at all to get a copy for my birthday in April.

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

Talking Re: Jazz and Big Band ETA?

I've changed my mind about getting this jazz lib. To me, it isn't worth it because there is no BIG BOOMY BASS DRUM in the lib for my Polka Jazz band dancing tunes. And how the heck can I warsh my neck if it aint gonna rain no more no more?
    Jazz Big Band library, indeed. Ricky Ricardo would turn in his grave if he heard there was no huge conga (who indecently invented the drum) in the percussion section of this Red Light district style Jazz Chick Webb BIB BOOMY BASS DRUM section!
    Next you'll want a bagpipe and drum corps library and a marching band library or even a Gorky Slime Dog Husky sled team band! What next? Sheeezzzz!
    No, I think I was the first one to put an order in four years ago and still haven't seen nottin! Jazz Bib Band Library yeah right! What's so BIG about a BIG BAND anyway? Besides, I hear they won't even have accordian! What's a big band without the squeeze box? That's it! I am going to take this to Judge Judy and we'll see who gets to slap Brian with a fish first! < What the freakin heck was that all about anywho?
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Markleford
    Did they? Last I heard they're sticking to policy of "no dates", such as not to disappoint. And if anything, I think we were told that the Solo Strad was first in the pipeline.

Mind you, I would not be upset at all to get a copy for my birthday in April.

- m
    This earlier post by Gary is where I first heard the April date. Hope they're on schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    I have learned not to give definitive dates due to the operation of Murphy's Law when it comes to software (although we were a week early with the targeted GPO ship date). We are aiming to have it ship before Musikmesse which is early April (maybe sooner if we can just stop adding instruments ). We will keep you apprised.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    This earlier post by Gary is where I first heard the April date. Hope they're on schedule.
    We're still aiming to complete the libary in April. If only Tom would stop adding more instruments!

Gary Garritan

We're still aiming to complete the libary in April. If only Tom would stop adding more instruments!

Gary Garritan
    Tom, could you please add "Goose Neck"?
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by cisraels
    Gary - if you need a good jazz bass sound to sample, I am just across Bellingham Bay with a nice 1880 French bass.

Chuck
    Chuck,

Howdy neighbor! That was nice of you to offer. Although we have already sampled a bass, another may be nice to add. Please call me, email or paddle your kayak across the bay.

Thanks,

Gary

Although we have already sampled a bass, another may be nice to add.
    Then we can start to rebuild Ornette Coleman's "Free Jazz" double-quartet!

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

Wow, Big Band in April! I'm looking so forward to it

Hoping that the GPO Advanced comes out in the same month so I can finally complete my collection of instruments.

I swear after getting the Big Band and GPO Advanced I won't be able to afford to get anything else again , oh except for Tracktion upgrades once in a while...

Go Back to forum