• Register
  • Help

Topic: Delay Lama + GPO

Share/Bookmark

Delay Lama + GPO

I just found and started playing with Delay Lama (www.audionerdz.com) a few days ago. Here's my attempt to create a "Lama Opera". It's not complete, it's just for fun.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?pid=501849&T=9769

I think Lama could sound pretty realistic, especially with the vibrato and portamento. What do you guys think?

Re: Delay Lama + GPO

What a trip! And it's freeware! This is a really cool tool. And you made it sound excellent. I think I'll have to play with this myself!

Thanks!

- Michael
    -----------------------------
    - Michael Fortunato

Somehow I'm not able to hear/play the music

Anyway - don't forget that there is another singer called "Brother Gregory" - he comes with Cubasis, that comes with GPO.
    Same concept - sound a little different.

Good singing
    Bo

Thanks for the comments...

I remeber Brother Gregory from Cubasis from the GPO package... I think it sounded the same, or was is a little less "nasal"?

Anyway, I found another singing vst instrument, Cantor at www.virsyn.net
    It works by text-entry, and there seem enough options to control the timbre and vibrato. I might donload the demo and try it out...

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Clausen

Anyway - don't forget that there is another singer called "Brother Gregory" - he comes with Cubasis, that comes with GPO.
    Same concept - sound a little different.

Good singing
    Bo

Quote Originally Posted by sub_circuit
    Thanks for the comments...

I remeber Brother Gregory from Cubasis from the GPO package... I think it sounded the same, or was is a little less "nasal"?

Anyway, I found another singing vst instrument, Cantor at www.virsyn.net
    It works by text-entry, and there seem enough options to control the timbre and vibrato. I might donload the demo and try it out...
    I listened to all the Cantor demos... I must say, it sounds quite awful for the most part... I can't believe they expect people to pay 350 euros for this... I would expect something of this quality to be a freeware offering, like the Deelay Lama... hmmmm...

I tried the Cantor Demo... it was potentially good; the voices could be "shaped" and you could get convincing single human tones (here and there). The diction unfortunately, was not very accurate, and it had no option to phonetically construct (or correct) a word that's not in their English and German dictionary.

Anyway, I found another singing program. Sounds better, and way cheaper at $20... But I think it need another $20 (or $70) notation software to run.

Demos at http://www.myriad-online.com/en/prod...tualsinger.htm

I just found and started playing with Delay Lama (www.audionerdz.com) a few days ago. Here's my attempt to create a "Lama Opera". It's not complete, it's just for fun.

I think Lama could sound pretty realistic, especially with the vibrato and portamento. What do you guys think?
    I am amazed and astounded, it is downloading now, and I will try it on a quasi-gregroian piece that I wrote a few years ago, but have only recorded as organ.

Thanks for the alert!!

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Clausen

Bo
    Aren't you the lucky one!!

Frank

sub_circuit,

I enjoyed your "Lama Opera". Very moving and ethereal piece. Thanks for posting this.

Delay Lama is one of those most have plug-ins. A virtual singing monk in your computer! Really fantastic interface (see below)

Go Back to forum