• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO policies!

Share/Bookmark

GPO policies!

Just got a scare at the day job today......

Having just had MS Server Exchange 2003 installed - and then being handed the job of making the system work, I opened up my MS Administrators handbook to find a section on GPO policies.

Great! I thought, finally work has become interesting, but I didn't know that Gary knew Bill well enough to get GPO bundled with Windows!

Sadly, on further investigation GPO's are just Group Policy Objects [whatever they are! - I guess by this time tomorrow, I'll have to know - some heavy bedtime reading required.]

:-)

Talking Re: GPO policies!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard N.
    Great! I thought, finally work has become interesting, but I didn't know that Gary knew Bill well enough to get GPO bundled with Windows!
    Oh yea. Gary and Bill go way back. In fact, Bill owes Gary ten bucks. Actually, that is a great idea! GPO bundled with windows! – with a coupon for Advanced!

Note to self: Call Bill tomorrow.

…2112
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Re: GPO policies!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    ... that is a great idea! GPO bundled with windows! – with a coupon for Advanced!

…2112
    Are ya kidding ?!?! GPO wouldn't be HALF the terrific product it is today if that merger ever happened...
    Steve A. Gallant

www.SteveGallant.com

Quote Originally Posted by BermudaFlyer
    Are ya kidding ?!?! GPO wouldn't be HALF the terrific product it is today if that merger ever happened...
    I was thinking more in terms of a hostile takeover...hehe
    Gary Gates

Wouldn't it be nice if Microsoft were run by Gary?
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    I was thinking more in terms of a hostile takeover...hehe
    Gary Gates
    Wouldn't it be nice if Microsoft were run by Gary?
    Press Release:

MICROSOFT merges with GARRITAN

REDMOND (APi) -- In a joint press conference at Microsoft Headquarters this morning, Bill Gates and Gary Garritan announced that the Redmond software giant will merge with Garritan exchanging an unspecified number of shares of Microsoft shares. If the deal does occur, it will be make GPO mandatory on all Windows computers.

With the merger, Garritan will become the CEO of the combined company's Sample Division, while Microsoft chairman Bill Gates will sit on the Board of Advisors for the Garritan Corp. Brian2112, Styxx, Joseph Burrell, SeanH, RichardN, Chris, DPDan, Skywaw and others have been appointed to high-level positions.

"When I started Microsoft my goal was a computer on every desktop in every home" said Gates. "Since the fulfillment of that goal, my new goal is an Orchestra on every desktop in every home, and GPO will make that happen" Gates described Microsoft's long-term strategy to develop scalable music through ensemble building.

XPO or (GPO XP) will come in a variety of implementations. You can get an orchestra, jazz & big band, solo strings, choir, rare instruments -- all bundled with the operating system." There is speculation that the new products will revive the short-lived but beloved Microsoft BOB interface.

Gary Garritan could not be reached for comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Press Release: [...] If the deal does occur, it will be make GPO mandatory on all Windows computers.
    Somehow I don't see it as much of a stretch to imagine other orchestral library manufacturers filing suit on basis of "monopoly" and "unfair pricing practices"...

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

Unhappy Re: GPO policies!

I will never forgive Steve Jobs for loosing the best opportunity of his life: this is the reason for Microsoft being everytime more powerful than Apple, and me, as all poor Mac users, weeping and crying, and crying and weeping...

Gary,

You have me rolling off my seat!!

Geez, I've been working with GPO's the past couple days. The Group Policy Object ones that is. Rather play with the other GPO!!

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Brian2112, Styxx, Joseph Burrell, SeanH, RichardN, Chris, DPDan, Skywaw and others have been appointed to high-level positions.
    Awesome! My dream come true!

Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Hot dog! Does my elevated position include some money?

Go Back to forum