• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt/Halion file question

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt/Halion file question

Is there anyway to create a file in Kontakt/Halion that contains all the wav files like a .gig file or is your only option to have a file folder containing all your wav files and a separate instrument file? Before I invest in either I want to know all my options. I have EWQLSO Gold and all the wav files are in a .nks file. Can I build my own .nks file in kontakt?

Re: Kontakt/Halion file question

Bump

I'd be interested in the answer to this question, also.
    Andy Finkenstadt, WinXP, P4-2.8GHZ, 3GB, Sonar 4 PE, Sibelius 3. Yamaha CVP-79A.
    EWQL: Gold, GoldPro, Choirs, StormDrum. and Galaxy & Bosendorfer 290, and RealGuitar. And an empty bank account.

there is an option, when you save your patches +samples called 'Monolithic' that should save them as a nks. Best , Rich

In HALion 3 you can:

- export all 128 Programs + corresponding Samples
    - export only active 16 Programs + corresponding Samples
    - export all 128 Programs + corresponding Samples to a so called *.HSB File (HALionSoundBank, monolithic filey typ like a gig).

If saved as HSB you (and especially noone else) can export raw waveforms out of it. So basically HALion won´t allow exporting of Samples that resides inside HSb files (like a refill in Reason).

cheers
    Helge

that's my case
    i've bought a nicebeats dvd named D50-HALION
    it has an hsb files only in it
    i can't open with halion 3 that marks it with a red !
    i don't know,i just want to convert it but no converter available is able
    to convert the hsb files...
    so.....that's my dilemma....
    can you suggest me a way to do it?
    or it's impossible?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jaibulu
    Is there anyway to create a file in Kontakt/Halion that contains all the wav files like a .gig file or is your only option to have a file folder containing all your wav files and a separate instrument file? Before I invest in either I want to know all my options. I have EWQLSO Gold and all the wav files are in a .nks file. Can I build my own .nks file in kontakt?

I wish I can make my own NKS. Where can I get such a software like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Brady
    I wish I can make my own NKS. Where can I get such a software like that?
    With Kontakt 2 from Native Instruments you can create monolithic .nki files. They are similar to .nks, except they are not encrypted (no copy protection). .nks and the newer .nkx can only be made by NI.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge View Post
    With Kontakt 2 from Native Instruments you can create monolithic .nki files. They are similar to .nks, except they are not encrypted (no copy protection). .nks and the newer .nkx can only be made by NI.
    Can you clarify this part. Thank you.

David

Go Back to forum