• Register
  • Help

Topic: Demos of GOS

Share/Bookmark

Demos of GOS

Are there any good mp3 demos of music made entirely with Garritan Orchestral Strings? I can't find any. I can find plenty of demos made with the GPO, but not with the string library. I need to hear how well those Maestro control functions work and the general sound of the library as well.

Also, was the library recorded dry, or ambient? Close mic or distant?

I hope someone answers this. This appears to be a slow forum.

Re: Demos of GOS

On the demo page at www.garritan.com there is a section for just GOS demos.

The demos are there, they are just a little diffilcult to find amongst the GPO demos:

http://www.garritan.com/mp3_1.html

I think I'd characterize the recording as rather distant, but not with very much ambiance. By comparison, the VSL is much closer seeming and not much more ambient (reverberant); the EWQLSO Gold is both a little closer seeming and considerably more ambient.

Most of my demos that use string music use GOS -- the "Magnificat" recording strings are entirely GOS, at www.soundclick.com/guglielmo . The 'Holy Day Overture' combines GOS with VSL solo strings and a little bit of AO strings, same link.

Thanks Gugliel (and others).

How would you characterize the platinum edition of Quantum Leap strings?

Hey Scott, here's a track I did with GOS. There is a touch of Synful Orchestra blended in with the strings but it is barely audible. You are pretty much hearing straight GOS.

Click Here

Based on the few 'close' instruments that are offered with Gold, I'd prefer Platinum with its full collection of all three settings! But that's not surprising, perhaps. And I'd still not really like the tiny print of kompakt or its inability to change patch under midi control (other than by keyswitch -- and keyswitches get lost when starting a large project somewhere other than at the beginning).

Quote Originally Posted by gugliel
    Based on the few 'close' instruments that are offered with Gold, I'd prefer Platinum with its full collection of all three settings! But that's not surprising, perhaps. And I'd still not really like the tiny print of kompakt or its inability to change patch under midi control (other than by keyswitch -- and keyswitches get lost when starting a large project somewhere other than at the beginning).
    THanks Gugliel. Do you know if Kontakt, or Konakt2 has this same program change limitation?

Thanks.

Scott Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by scottnorma
    Do you know if Kontakt, or Konakt2 has this same program change limitation?
    No, don't know .. maybe others will know? I've read many comments that indicate Kontakt is much better than Kompakt -- but mostly, it seems to me, on the basis of ease in editing effect parameters, not in calling up programs. But I'd like to know too.

Go Back to forum