• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Banjolation"

Share/Bookmark

"Banjolation"

Y'all,

Here is a novelty tune that I wrote called "Banjolation". The title is a combination of the words "banjo" and "flatulation". It contains a few instances of synthesized errr...uhhh..."rude bodily sounds". If you are offended by things of this nature do not listen to this composition. It's all completely innocent but I wanted to pre-warn you.

I used the GPO tuba and trombones to simulate the errr...uhhh..."rude bodily sounds" and also for the melodic line about halfway through the piece.

Forgive me for I know not what I do.

Regards,

Larry A.

http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/larr...anjolation.mp3
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Banjolation"

Conflatulations Larry . . . what a gas!

Reminds me of those lazy Sunday afternoons with my grandpa on the front porch after the good ol soup bean dinner . . . . only missing the old dog howling.

You keep cranking em out so quickly. . . the music, not the flatulations. How are you so prolific?

Enjoyed it, but glad there's no odor producing peripherals on my computer.

Brasspig
    Donald W. Sorah
    Doctoral Teaching Assistant
    Florida State University
    Tallahassee, FL

Forget flatulations, that anyway were funny, but it's funny music.

Old men people still is dancing every sunday with this kind of music in the old old Europe...and youngest too sometime in country villages.

I like your naif composing.

Question Re: "Banjolation"

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio
    Forget flatulations, that anyway were funny, but it's funny music.

Old men people still is dancing every sunday with this kind of music in the old old Europe...and youngest too sometime in country villages.

I like your naif composing.
    "naif composing" ?

L. A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by brasspig
    Conflatulations Larry . . . what a gas!

Reminds me of those lazy Sunday afternoons with my grandpa on the front porch after the good ol soup bean dinner . . . . only missing the old dog howling.

You keep cranking em out so quickly. . . the music, not the flatulations. How are you so prolific?

Enjoyed it, but glad there's no odor producing peripherals on my computer.

Brasspig
    Don't you just love my high-class approach to composing?

In answer to your question, as I have told others on this forum, I have been composing for decades. Sometimes I dredge up some of my works from years ago and "modernize" them with GPO, etc., although I wrote "Banjolation" just a short time ago. I have hundreds of my compositions still on manuscript paper.

Thanks for listening.

Regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Man, we've just gotta get enough submissions in to the station to do some bluegrass / folk / country / [insert your label here] shows!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan
    Man, we've just gotta get enough submissions in to the station to do some bluegrass / folk / country / [insert your label here] shows!
    I wouldn't think that you would want to play "Banjolation" on your virtual radio station. Some in your audience could possibly be offended although that was certainly not one of my reasons for writing it.

I have more than fifty blue grass/country/kicker/folk/what-have-you compositions to my credit but only a few have been GPOed as of this date.

Regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

I'm hoping that hearing your work will encourage others to send in their songs of this style as well. Fun stuff, man!
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    I wouldn't think that you would want to play "Banjolation" on your virtual radio station. Some in your audience could possibly be offended although that was certainly not one of my reasons for writing it.
    We do not cater to, nor encourage, those with no sense of humor.

If you want a "deep and meaningful academic analysis of musical stylings", turn on NPR. If you want to listen to some great music and have fun, tune in to TCC.
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan
    I'm hoping that hearing your work will encourage others to send in their songs of this style as well. Fun stuff, man!
    Than kyew. Than kyew very much.

Now for my next tune I'd like to do "Hound Dog".

Regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast