• Register
  • Help

Topic: No Sound

Share/Bookmark

No Sound

THIS SHOULD BE IN THE SUPPORT AND TECHNICAL FORUM. IF ANYONE CAN MOVE IT THERE, PLEASE DO...SORRY

Im a little embarrassed:
    Win XP Pro
    Dual Xeon 3 ghz
    2 gig ram
    Integrated Realtek AC97 soundcard ( ok ok...I just got the computer, I just wanted to get some sound...will be getting new card, but loved the demos for this software so much, I had to get a new computer )
    Korg X5D as controller
    MOTU Micro Lite interface
    Playing standalone....I have also tried importing into Sonar 4

Mapping on keyboard display without any problem including mod wheel and pitch bend motion.

I get no sound from dry or wet, but do get some sound from multi ( but only the sound of the first instrument listed). Also, not getting response from sustain pedal ( secondary problem)

Does anyone have a clue?
    Last edited by zycattt; 03-01-2005 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Should be in the Support and Technical forum

Re: No Sound

Quote Originally Posted by zycattt
    THIS SHOULD BE IN THE SUPPORT AND TECHNICAL FORUM.
    I get no sound from dry or wet, but do get some sound from multi ( but only the sound of the first instrument listed). Also, not getting response from sustain pedal ( secondary problem)

Does anyone have a clue?
    I'm not such a technical guy. But here's my experience: for every instrument you want audition drag the modulation wheel on the player screen up. When using in another sequencer start your first note with ~C1,64. This has to been done for every midi channel you use.

Hope this will help you. The sustain pedal.... Try the settings in the options menu for the sustain option. Ím not shure though.

Greez
    Gerard

Thanks Girard.. believe me the Mod wheel was the first thing I thought about.........Any other ideas

Thanks Girard.. believe me the Mod wheel was the first thing I thought about.........Any other ideas
    Sorry to go through the obvious..

Can you get any sounds using the general midi patches on your sound card?

Have you set Kontakt to use normal volume control, and inadvertantly set the volume to 0?

Can you get sound out of any of the percussive GPO patches, say piano?

Have you been able to get everything to work properly in the past? Or, is this a new setup?

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaestro
    Have you been able to get everything to work properly in the past? Or, is this a new setup?
    Are the drivers for your sound card set up properly? Is the mixer set up properly, can you get any sound from any midi devices?
    can you get audio?

Wow. Looks like I'll stand back and let you whiz kids handle this one.

THIS SHOULD BE IN THE SUPPORT AND TECHNICAL FORUM. IF ANYONE CAN MOVE IT THERE, PLEASE DO...SORRY

Im a little embarrassed:
    Win XP Pro
    Dual Xeon 3 ghz
    2 gig ram
    Integrated Realtek AC97 soundcard ( ok ok...I just got the computer, I just wanted to get some sound...will be getting new card, but loved the demos for this software so much, I had to get a new computer )
    Korg X5D as controller
    MOTU Micro Lite interface
    Playing standalone....I have also tried importing into Sonar 4

Mapping on keyboard display without any problem including mod wheel and pitch bend motion.

Does anyone have a clue?
    My computer came with an AC97 Sound card built into the mother board. I could get nothing out of it, so I replaced it, with instant good performance. You can not remove the card, but if the new sound card does not automatically do so, you must disable it manually.

Richard

THANKS ALOT YOU GUYS.....BOUGHT A NEW SOUND CARD AND IT LOOKS LIKE EVERYTHING IS OK...(WITH A LITTLE TWEAKING)...Feel free to share any tips or techniques on how to use with SONAR 4.......THANKS AGAIN

Still learning Sonar 4 myself so I'm not a lot of help at this point. Glad you're up and running

Go Back to forum