• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO sounds fantastic.

Share/Bookmark

GPO sounds fantastic.

Right now I'm intereted in buying this program for what it has to offer. My only xonceren is that I don't have a piano or anyway of putting in notes other than using a standard keyboard, Is that possible without using a MIDI standard Keyboard?

Thanks in advance.

oh and can you use this program to design sounds and passages for Websites?

Re: GPO sounds fantastic.

You can enter notes with a mouse in either the notation program or the sequencer, both of which are included.

Yes, you can use it to produce sound for websites.

If I remember correctly you can use your computer keyboard to place notes (there was a thread on this a while back) the only major disadvantage to not owning a keyboard controller is the modulation wheel. GPO relies heavily on using the modulation wheel for expression although you can go into the piano roll edit the modulation with the draw tool. Quite frankly (Frank, is he here?) real time modulation control is the ticket!
    Good luck.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Superb_Tenor
    My only xonceren is that I don't have a piano or anyway of putting in notes other than using a standard keyboard, Is that possible without using a MIDI standard Keyboard?
    oh and can you use this program to design sounds and passages for Websites?
    Hey, Superb.

You can use GPO right out of the box to design for websites or anything else you like. As for having a keyboard, I don't use one to compose because I'm a guitarist with embarrassingly minimal piano skills.

You can "write" the music using a sheet music look and feel with Overture, the enclosed notation program. It also has the capabilities to let you enter the Modulation controller information you need with your mouse or computer keyboard. However, you can also just add simple dynamics by dropping in a ff or ppp, etc. as you normally would.

GPO also ships with a sequencer, Cubasis VST, and other cool stuff. Basically, you open the box, install the software, grab your keyboard and mouse, and start composing. Just remember to submit some of your songs to the Composer Channel when you're done!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Hi Superb,

What Chris just said, That's what I did in Peter and the Wolf . Never once touched a musical keyboard although I have one. I did all the basic notation in Overture, saved the score as a midi file and finished in Digital Performer. Perhaps it was a little more time consuming than playing it in all the parts, but considering how much practicing I'd have to do to pull it off I don’t think I lost any time at all.

Karl

P.S. I see this is your first post. Welcome to the forum and I sure hope to hear some GPO music from you before too long.

Not to intrude but, WOW Karl, I did not realize you did it this way. Peter and The Wolf is so real and life like!
    Sorry, didn't mean to high jack this tread.... wait, yes I did!
    Styxx

Hi Jack,

Oh, wait a minute there’s no Jack here. There goes that Styxx, hallucinating again. And he’s got me doing it too.

Karl

I'll have one of whatever Karl is having!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Have two they're free.
    Styxx

I just had 4, and I can't even find my computer

Go Back to forum