• Register
  • Help

Topic: You Think I've Changed but I haven't, GPO and Kontakt...

Share/Bookmark

You Think I've Changed but I haven't, GPO and Kontakt...

Hi, all...

I was beta testing a world-famous notation program of cosmic excellence and decided to run it in WIN98 compatibility mode (I have XP). Now Kontakt and GPO think my system has changed and I'm getting the thirty-day "you ain't registered" notice.

Unchecking the WIN98 compatibility mode box for the world-famous notation program of cosmic excellence was no help, nor was a restart of the computer...

What to do, what to do???? I did email NI, but perhaps someone can produce a quicker solution...

Snor
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Re: You Think I've Changed but I haven't, GPO and Kontakt...

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax
    Hi, all...

I was beta testing a world-famous notation program of cosmic excellence and decided to run it in WIN98 compatibility mode (I have XP). Now Kontakt and GPO think my system has changed and I'm getting the thirty-day "you ain't registered" notice.

Unchecking the WIN98 compatibility mode box for the world-famous notation program of cosmic excellence was no help, nor was a restart of the computer...

What to do, what to do???? I did email NI, but perhaps someone can produce a quicker solution...

Snor
    Well, if you have a Norton Ghost image file of your hard drive, or some other form of backup that includes your GPO setup, restoring from that should solve the problem. I just (this afternoon) installed a new C drive, restored from Norton Ghost, and all registrations etc. were as they should be. Other possibility would be to use the non-destructive system restore, and select a restore point earlier than your compatibility option. If you are running XP, that is. It is under accessories, system tools.

Richard

eh, just register again?
    ""A woman should dress to attract attention. To attract the most attention, a woman should be either nude, or wearing something as expensive as getting her nude is going to be." -- P.J. O'Rourke

You have a system restore point before you changed over? Try that first.
    Styxx

Of course, you know BETA is an acronym in the programming industry for Bugs Expected To Appear, right?
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Talking Re: You Think I've Changed but I haven't, GPO and Kontakt...

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan
    Of course, you know BETA is an acronym in the programming industry for Bugs Expected To Appear, right?
    HA! Nice...
    Styxx

Go Back to forum