• Register
  • Help

Topic: Trumpet Suite - Mov 1

Share/Bookmark

Trumpet Suite - Mov 1

It's oh so repetitive . . . tell me if you think it's too much, no harm in shortening it. I'd love to know what people think of the first movement of my Trumpet Suite (for solo trumpet) . . .

http://www.wizardwalk.com/music/TrumpetSuiteMov1.mp3

I might use some of the melodies again in an orchetral piece . . . but then again my melody vault is overstocked as it is.

I'll finish the score soon.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Re: Trumpet Suite - Mov 1

Repetitive, well IMHO it's the continual timbre of the trumpet that gets repetitive. Are you using one of the Overlay's? Try mixing it up with some other trumpet samples like solo one or two along with overlay. Maybe at certain sections you could bring out more overlay and in other's less. Do ya kind a know what I mean thar matey? Other than this small teeny weenie itsy bitsy thang, I like the over all idea and would love to hear orchestration around, inside, over under sideways down.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Repetitive, well IMHO it's the continual timbre of the trumpet that gets repetitive. Are you using one of the Overlay's? Try mixing it up with some other trumpet samples like solo one or two along with overlay. Maybe at certain sections you could bring out more overlay and in other's less. Do ya kind a know what I mean thar matey? Other than this small teeny weenie itsy bitsy thang, I like the over all idea and would love to hear orchestration around, inside, over under sideways down.
    Aha! Timbre variation . . . maybe that would help . . . thank you! Perhaps I shoud wait for the sonic morphing trumpet . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

You and me both!
    Styxx

Maybe the timbre in this rendition is a bit less . . . annoying

http://www.wizardwalk.com/music/TrumpetSuiteMov1V2.mp3

By the way, sure you don't mind all the repetition? I can't decide whether or not to leave in the repeat bar . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

Sean,

If you add some orchestra parts with supporting harmonies and contrapuntal lines, and trade off some the solo trumpet motifs with other instruments etc, you can develop this into quite a nice piece. You have a good beginning. I have the feeling when listening to it that I’m hearing a trumpet player practicing. This is not a bad thing. There just needs to be some other music with it. Some of that repetition you are worried about should be shared with other members of the orchestra.

Looking forward to its development,

Karl

Sean,

Very nice melody. Try using some of the tips and techniques in Danielle's Brass tutorial. This would sound fantastic orchestrated.

Gary

Thanks for the additional feedback! Prepare for an orchestrated version, I guess . . . I will definitely have to use Danielle's tutorials!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

I think that it's very nice. A little lite strings may be nice in addition to the trumpet.

Go Back to forum