• Register
  • Help

Topic: A tried old Cubase SE question

Unhappy A tried old Cubase SE question

Hello all!

I've been using REASON 1.0 for the past three years or so, and I know virtually nothing about .VST's and the like. To wit - I'm a production noob. All I know is that I love the samples in the Silver Edition, and bought it. Now I need an approrpiate program to record my Silver Edition stuff.

I'm thinking Cubase SE (again, for effect, that's SE) for my budget. Honestly, all I need is a program to record. But I don't want to hand out the money only to find the two don't work together, or that I can't record my works.

Terribly noobish, I know. And I apologize in advance. But it never hurts to ask, and I'm *really* looking foward to making some, as we say in the suburbs, ph4t b33tz.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your time!

edit: great... wrong forum. Now *that's* noob.
    Last edited by TheWingless; 03-02-2005 at 10:26 AM. Reason: wrong forum!

Martinez, California

Re: A tried old Cubase SE question

I use Cubase SE with EWQLSO Silver & Gold. It works fine. It doesn't have some of the newer Cubase features (freeze, for example), but with a decent computer, that doesn't present too big a hurdle, especially with Silver. It has a limit on the number of VST instruments you can use (16). But in that case, since each instrument has 8 channels in it, you can have up to 128 Silver patches running at a time.

I hope that helps.

- Stefan

Go Back to forum