• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question for those using giga vst adapter

Share/Bookmark

Question for those using giga vst adapter

I went over to their forum, and I couldn't find the answer... Basically, I'm thinking of using this with Sonar and Giga 2.54.... Will this then render to audio the individual tracks from giga, like I can render to audio my regular soft synths, or is it going to render to audio, but still in real time, so it will take as long as the composition to render the track to audio?? Any info appreciated, thanks.

Re: Question for those using giga vst adapter

Giga 2.5 only renders one output in the real time. GS3 supports Rewire, so it can print 16 tracks, and can also (in non-Rewire mode) render as many outputs simultaneously as you have on your audio card.

-JF

Hi Jon, thanks for your reply... In GS3, when it renders multiple tracks, whether in rewire or non-rewire mode, does it do it in real time, or does it take a couple of seconds, comparatively speaking?

In non-Rewire mode it's real-time. I believe that there are two modes for Rewire renders, but I'm not sure. I don't generally use Rewire. Other here do, and can probably answer the question clearly.

-JF

I thought the question was about the Giga VST Adaptor from FX-MAX.

Good catch, Bill. (I should really read the titles!)

I don't use Giga VST Adapter, but in theory it could fake multiple GSIF outputs, so Giga 2.5 would be able to render lots of tracks at a time. It would certainly be in real-time though.

-JF

What Bill said...and if the question was about Giga VST Adapter the answer is yes and no. It will render the different outputs from Giga just like your other softsynts, but the rendering is performed in realtime.

/Mattias

I could never get the demo to work, so can't really say either. I thought I remembered people talking about off line processing though.

You should try the demo in any case.

Hi Jon, thanks for your reply re: the rewire mode, it definitely helps me to think about the upgrade...

Hi Mattias, thanks for your reply, I guess the good thing about vst adapter is that at least you're guaranteed giga will render in the same machine, although in realtime...

Bill, I guess, I'll just have to try it and see...

Go Back to forum