• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question for those using Giga 3

Share/Bookmark

Question for those using Giga 3

I understand that now you can use rewire in Sonar with Giga 3... My question is, does it still render audio in realtime or does it do it in seconds, like my softsynths? In other words, if you have a 4 minute track, is it going to take Giga 3 4 minutes to render the track to audio in Sonar? Any info appreciated, thanks...

Re: Question for those using Giga 3

I know as far as in Cubase you can only render rewire tracks through a rather complicated and lengthy process, which cannot be done at the same time as rendering the other tracks. Running Gigastudio in Rewire mode also disables its own "Capture to wave" function.
    Kid: When I become an adult I wanna be a musician.
    Parent: Son, you cannot become both.

Hi Tomke, thanks for responding... Yes, I figured you could only do a giga track at a time, but I'm still wondering, will it do it in seconds, or will it take as long as real time??

Using sonar with gigastudio 3, rewire mode: there are three possible speeds:

"bounce to track" (seconds)
    real-time (full duration of your source midi material)

AND, what most people end up with, I think, is "bounce to track" with an option called "fast bounce" disabled. It goes slower than the first, but significantly faster than the second. Wish I could say exactly the proportions ... maybe someone else has measured???

Quote Originally Posted by tradivoro
    Hi Tomke, thanks for responding... Yes, I figured you could only do a giga track at a time, but I'm still wondering, will it do it in seconds, or will it take as long as real time??
    Oh yeah, forgot that part. In cubase sx, that I'm using, I can only render rewire from GS in realtime. Not sure about Sonar.
    Kid: When I become an adult I wanna be a musician.
    Parent: Son, you cannot become both.

Hi Guglielmo, thanks for that info... So you're saying that basically, you get something in between if you do more than one track, but one track, using rewire, can be done in seconds??

That must be rough Tomke, still having to be in realtime mode, even after upgrading...

So you're saying that basically, you get something in between if you do more than one track, but one track, using rewire, can be done in seconds??
    No, number of tracks has nothing to do with it (though there is a limit of 16 total tracks using rewire). Just whether your computer (and its mysterious other facets like disk connections, dust on the motherboard, ...) has enough horsepower and karma to succeed using fast bounce.

Ok, thanks guglielmo...

I understand that now you can use rewire in Sonar with Giga 3... My question is, does it still render audio in realtime or does it do it in seconds, like my softsynths? In other words, if you have a 4 minute track, is it going to take Giga 3 4 minutes to render the track to audio in Sonar? Any info appreciated, thanks...
    Hi,

Yes it renders and bounces the track(s) in real time...Nice feature that I needed to see...

Make sure you activate rewire in your sequencer to Giga3

I use Sonar Producer as my sequencer

Alan Russell
    Please Visit My New & Revised Official Website Below

http://AlanRussell-Music.com

I'm really disappointed in G3 myself...The work arounds I tried just to get it to work as a simple vsti within vstack was exhausting and to no avail...Luckily my sample collection was still all GS2 and was able to be converted into Kontakt....Does anyone know if I can sell G3?

Go Back to forum