• Register
  • Help

Topic: Voxengo Impulse Modeler 1.8 released

Voxengo Impulse Modeler 1.8 released

A newer version of reverb impulse creation tool is available. Impulse Modeler is a tool which allows you to design your own room impulse responses ranging from small rooms to large echo halls to small "intimate" cabinets to echoing soundscapes. You have the opportunity to design materials and room's geometry. A range of other options is also available.

This update increases calculation speed by 25% or more, especially on heavy geometry designs. Impulse Modeler now features emitter groups which allow you to create several differently positioned impulses using the same design.

Another useful improvement in this version is the implementation of polar patterns for receptors. These polar patterns partially recreate common microphone polar patterns and can be used for the same purpose during impulse design.

Impulse Modeler features:

* Easy-to-use vector graphics editor
    * Grid support for even easier editing
    * 8 frequency bands for precise material definition
    * 8, 16, 24 and 32-bit output
    * 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000 Hz output sampling rates
    * Many example designs and materials
    * Overall room size is controlled with a single slider

Impulse Modeler is available on-line for US$39.95. For more information and downloads please visit the Voxengo web site: http://www.voxengo.com

Re: Voxengo Impulse Modeler 1.8 released

Hey Aleksey,

Man, do you ever sleep?

Excellent as usual, but I'm repeating myself

You are welcome!

Hmmm... I find this very interesting. Peter have you used it yet? How is it. I know you're releasing your own impulses, but what can one expect out of this software?

Hello Joseph,

I am definitely going to buy Impulse Modeler!

I want to experiment with morphing IR's, especially for making different "source position" IR's, by adding customized early reflections that fade into a common reverb tail from (several) different sources.

Until now I have been using Cakewalk Soundstage and Waves RenVerb for adding ER's, but I assume that customized IR's can create a more coherent ambience. And, by dropping SoundStage and RenVerb I hope to be able to run yet another convolution plugin instance

Looks like a steal for 40 bucks. Especially if you don't mind spending some time with it to get a IR no one else has.

Go Back to forum