• Register
  • Help

Topic: Best acoustic guitar for midi guitarist?

Share/Bookmark

Best acoustic guitar for midi guitarist?

Hello,

Seeking opinions on the best acoustic guitar samples. I'm a guitarist. I also own a nice midi guitar.

Playing the Hans Zimmer Vol 1 samples with my midi guitar sounds better then putting a mic in front of my old Ovation acoustic. Maybe if I owned a Taylor it would be different. But for now I'll use samples for my acoustic needs.

Most products I read about, such as RealGuitar, seemed geared towards having a keyboardist emulate a guitar. This isn't what I need. I just want great acoustic guitar sounds.

What's currently better then the old Hans Zimmer sounds?

Opinions?

Mark

Re: Best acoustic guitar for midi guitarist?

Thanks for the suggestion, but I really want sample suggestions. My home studio is just not quiet enough to record good acoustic guitar.

I good decent sound with the Hans Zimmer samples, but I'm looking for something better.

Mark

check out Pure Guitars form yellow tools..

they sound great also!

best,

Yves

"Vintage Jazz Guitars and Tenor Banjos" from Bardstown Audio. For more information and mp3 demos visit our web site at www.bardstownaudio.com

There are acoustic and electric archtop jazz guitars in this collection, in addition to the tenor banjos.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

How about the Vienna Concert Guitar?

http://vsl.co.at/english/pages/produ...ert_guitar.htm

They have some "non-classical" demos, and the product is available in a number of different formats.

Also, you might consider Sonic Implants "Amps & Pickups" Vol. 1 or 2

Finally, Quantum Leap COLOSSUS appears to have some good acoustic guitars in it (you can download the manual):
    http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/...tml?sku=EW-164

Check out real guitar... It's cheap and can sound very realistic in fingerpicking packages...

I think the ElectroAcoustic from www.dasample.com sounds great. As a guitarist (and budget allowing) you might also want to look into solutions like the Variax Acoustic or the Yamaha Silent Guitars.

/Yoss

The acoustic guitar on Hans Zimmer Guitars Vol II, of course!

But wait, I heard the guitar demo of QL Collossus and it sounds really good. Check it out! It's the fourth demo. You'll be impressed.

Colossus Demos

------------
    Alex Cremers

To my knowledge, there is not, for now, an acoustic guitar that is on par with what the latest technology and developpers innovations has produced lately.

It is only a matter of time, specially considering what I've heard in the electric department this week.

Patience...it shouldn't be long anymore

Go Back to forum