• Register
  • Help

Topic: Well I'm reinstalling my DAW now...

Well I'm reinstalling my DAW now...

Just got in my new motherboard, CPU, video card, hard drive, etc so now I get to install the OS, all my audio apps, plug-ins, GPO, etc etc etc.

Re: Well I'm reinstalling my DAW now...

New equipment eh? I love getting new things. Hopefully you'll beable to put all of your new computing power to good use.

Re: Well I'm reinstalling my DAW now...

It's amazing... you don't realize how many drivers you need and applications / plugins you have until you have to reinstall them all.

But I was really needing a fresh install of XP... things were getting pretty cluttered before.

Thumbs up Re: Well I'm reinstalling my DAW now...

Hey Thud,
    There is a well regarded site http://www.musicxp.net that gives tips for optimizing XP for DAWs. I have used the tips there for both my boxes and for friends and I have found the tips to be outstanding. My computer runs glitch free and there was a noticeable difference in performance after tweaking. If you have not looked at the site before it is time worth taking to optimize your system.

We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Go Back to forum