• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any actual program demos ouit there.

Share/Bookmark

Any actual program demos out there.

Just curious. I really want to get GPO but for me I would love to see how it works as an axtual demo. You know- see if I have the patience to sit and compose with somewhat successful results. Are there any Music demos out there that offer some orchestral tracks? In other words where can I get samples of programs like GPO?

Thanks in Advance

Thumbs up Re: Any actual program demos ouit there.

Are there any Music demos out there that offer some orchestral tracks?
    Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm not quite sure what you are asking but have you checked the demo page of this forum? There are literally hundreds of excellent demos using GPO and GOS that should give you a clear reason to purchase this excellent library. Besides, for the price you cannot afford not to have GPO in your arsenal as a songwriter / composer.
    Hope this helps.
    Once again, welcome.
    Styxx

Re: Any actual program demos ouit there.

Unfortunately there are no 'demo' programs of GPO or just about any other sample library out there. My best advice to you, if you are unsure of the investment, is to wait until the GPO Lite is released (a further slimmed down version of GPO with less instruments, etc.) and then if you are happy with the software and your experience, upgrade to full GPO or GPO Advanced when the time is right. This way you have a smaller investment. GPO Lite is scheduled for a Spring release and will retail for approximately 100 dollars.

Thanks guys. What I was hoping for is that there might be a demo for the software side where I can make things up until GPO arrives. inotherewords like a game demo- Try before yu buy type thing.

No, but here's an idea... Maybe ask a forum member to run GPO through one of your midi files to see if you are happy with the results. I can't promise anyone would take you up on the offer, but I've done it for someone before.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    No, but here's an idea... Maybe ask a forum member to run GPO through one of your midi files to see if you are happy with the results. I can't promise anyone would take you up on the offer, but I've done it for someone before.

Thanks for the reply. I don't think i have time for that. From what I've heard in the demos that GPO seems real good. I've read the FAQ and still curious if all those recording use simply GPO or other software? I don't think I have the funds to buy such an elaborate Studio. I want to use GPO to arrange music like a Kareaoke program where both my wife and I can sing for special performances in our upcoming restaurant. You know, take some opera scores and compose/notate through GPO fot orchestral sounds rather than just the Piano. If I have the time that is. LOL

I'd say 95% of the demos on the GPO demo page at www.garritan.com use GPO exclusively. The ones that don't usually say what instruments are from another software. I'd say a good portion of those use the included programs as well. GPO contains everything you need to get started and you have the best community on the net to help you should you need it. I'm not trying to sell you the software since only you know if it fits your needs, but be sure you've got support here if you choose to go this route.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    I'm not trying to sell you the software since only you know if it fits your needs, but be sure you've got support here if you choose to go this route.
    Oh come on Joseph, You know it fits his needs.

Seriously though, if you don't have thousands of dollars to spend and you want to use it for your wife to sing opera etc., you can't find a better package for the money, period.

I have been using GPO now since it came out before Christmas of 2003, and have been involved with this forum since then. I am a classical guitarist and have found it very useful in my teaching for giving students a chance to play ensemble material for guitar and other instruments without having to import players. This would be much like your wife singing with it. I have a little Vivaldi concerto on the "classical" page of Gary's demos that might give you some idea of what GPO can do when used as accompaniment.

I feel that for what you say you want GPO for, it would be perfect. And as Joseph said, this is the greatest forum on the web. Did he say that? Well it is. I have received so much help from Joseph and the other folks here including Gary, that if I had the money I'd send them all on a weeks vacation of their choice.

So come on, Superb, bite the bullet, buy GPO, join us as a contributing member by sharing your work including your wife's singing, and you to may get to go on the above vacation when I get rich.

Best of luck to you,

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Garrett
    Oh come on Joseph, You know it fits his needs.

Seriously though, if you don't have thousands of dollars to spend and you want to use it for your wife to sing opera etc., you can't find a better package for the money, period.

I have been using GPO now since it came out before Christmas of 2003, and have been involved with this forum since then. I am a classical guitarist and have found it very useful in my teaching for giving students a chance to play ensemble material for guitar and other instruments without having to import players. This would be much like your wife singing with it. I have a little Vivaldi concerto on the "classical" page of Gary's demos that might give you some idea of what GPO can do when used as accompaniment.

I feel that for what you say you want GPO for, it would be perfect. And as Joseph said, this is the greatest forum on the web. Did he say that? Well it is. I have received so much help from Joseph and the other folks here including Gary, that if I had the money I'd send them all on a weeks vacation of their choice.

So come on, Superb, bite the bullet, buy GPO, join us as a contributing member by sharing your work including your wife's singing, and you to may get to go on the above vacation when I get rich.

Best of luck to you,

Karl
    Thanks Karl,

As you said It will probably fit my needs just fine. I think she will purchase it for me as our Anniversary is coming up. I've been listening to may of the demos on this site and must say WOW My favorite is My beloved in the Hollywood section. The score is just wonderful! Great mix of solo and ensemble additions. When the horns and percusion come in it just give me the chills.

Karl i think I heard the MP3 you just mentioned. Can't wait to delve into it once I get it. Of course I'd probbaly have to wait a couple of weeks for it to be delivered. Sigh!

Quote Originally Posted by Superb_Tenor
    Thanks Karl,
    Karl i think I heard the MP3 you just mentioned. Can't wait to delve into it once I get it. Of course I'd probbaly have to wait a couple of weeks for it to be delivered. Sigh!
    No, it's on the classical demo page of the Garritan site.

Here are the links to the three movements of the Vivaldi Guitar Concerto in D:

Movement 1

Movement 2

Movement 3

Hope this helps,

Karl

Go Back to forum