• Register
  • Help

Topic: No Sound On GS Reinstall

Share/Bookmark

No Sound On GS Reinstall

I have recently re-installed GS96 on a new computer and successfully re-register it but cannot get it to sound/play samples either via MOL or by clicking on the GS keyboard. GS shows that it sees my Mia Echo and that it is GSIF compatable. GS diagnostics shows nothing strange.

On my sequencer PC, I have a continuous loop of quarter notes playing in the range of the loaded sample and I can see the MOL interface on the GS PC showing a red blinking light i.e. Midi data is getting to the GS machine. I have GS Hardware/Routing set to select LAN-00 from MOL - the same port the MOL light blinks on, yet I get no sound.

I think GS isn\'t connecting with the MOL port since I cannot get the Midi Port Monitor on GS ever to show a port as green which seems to be required to play the GS keyboard. I have tried a second install and see no change in behavior. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: No Sound On GS Reinstall

Did you change the input port in Giga to the MOL ports?

Originally posted by Haydn:
    Did you change the input port in Giga to the MOL ports?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Haydn,
    Yes, in GS Settings->HW/Routing I have mapped/set the input ports to MOL ports. I know there is a recent thread on this issue concerning DirectX updates that are problematic and a solution of reinstalling XP, but was looking for a simpler solution if one is available.

For anyone else who is having this problem, here is the solution for Echo products:

After reinstalling several previous Echo Mia drivers (under Archive at their web site), I found one that fixed the problem - version 6.04 BTW, Echo uses the same drivers for Layla24, Mona, Gina24, Mia, and MiaMIDI.

Originally posted by csduke:
    For anyone else who is having this problem, here is the solution for Echo products:

After reinstalling several previous Echo Mia drivers (under Archive at their web site), I found one that fixed the problem - version 6.04 BTW, Echo uses the same drivers for Layla24, Mona, Gina24, Mia, and MiaMIDI.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">It figures, I gave up at 6.05. I\'ll have to try .04 tonight. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

(BTW, I believe it\'s related to DirectX 9, as I did a complete XP reinstall, all updates except DX9, and used the latest Echo driver and it worked fine on my other machine.)

yikes !!!am having the SAME problem with giga using a wav center PCI and direct x v7. i \'ll post the results when i get this running

Nope, still no go on the 6.04. I\'m gonna go back to 98 on one of my machines to speed up GIG file loading anyway. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum