• Register
  • Help

Topic: Arabian Rhapsody

Share/Bookmark

Arabian Rhapsody

Hi all

I've been working on something new, but since my time is very little, it goes slowly...

I've decided to do something light and came up with this little piece with somewhat of an Middle Eastern flavour. I don't pretend to know anything about Middle Eastern music and this is probably full of cliches, but anyway .

http://thecatcottage.com/ArabianRhapsodyLD.mp3

I hope someone will find it interesting.

Thanks for listening.

Kind regards

LouisD

Re: Arabian Rhapsody

Quote Originally Posted by LouisD
    Hi all

I don't pretend to know anything about Middle Eastern music and this is probably full of cliches, but anyway .

I hope someone will find it interesting.

Thanks for listening.

Kind regards

LouisD
    Yes, Louis I did like listening to your piece. I love the scale type. It brings me in a Romantic mood

Beautifull orchestration. Makes me want to by a ticket into the Orient.

Regards,
    Gerard

Thumbs up Re: Arabian Rhapsody

Interesting idioms at work here, Louis. Cinematic in the sense of wandering from theme to theme briskly. It could easily be the trailer (preview) music to "Ishtar II".

As a composition exercise, it certainly would seem to have afforded you much to work on and there's a lot of precision at play here in a very traditional orchestrational manner.

KevinKauai

I don't have any experience with Middle Eastern music either, so I can't comment on it's authenticity. But it sounds absolutely stunning. The instruments sound so real in this piece. And the melodies are beautiful. Top notch, Louis, I thoroughly enjoyed this piece.
    -----------------------------
    - Michael Fortunato

Thanks for all the kind comments. Apart from my wife and my two cats, I don't have much of an audience, so it's good to know that someone else, somewhere else has listened to and liked my piece .

Thanks again for taking the time.

Kind Regards

Louis Dekker

Sounds good, attractive and very inventive. Might be only so far east (or west for you?) as the shtetl at the beginning, something like Fiddler on the Roof! The second section is also very attractive -- not sure, for me, that they pair exactly right together, though you get back to the beginning music successfully.

Nice piece,

An excellent experimentation and wonderful sounds. I like the way you brought the original idea back after the second section.

Regards,

Tim

Go Back to forum