• Register
  • Help

Topic: More Questions

Share/Bookmark

More Questions

Sorry for all these newbie questions. From what I've heard in the demos that GPO seems fantastic. I've read the FAQ and still curious if all those recordings use simply GPO or other software? I don't think I have the funds to buy such an elaborate Studio. I want to use GPO to arrange music like a Karaoke program where both my wife and I can sing for special performances in our upcoming restaurant. (i'm Working Full time as a chef) You know, take some opera scores and compose/notate through GPO fot orchestral sounds rather than just the Piano. or arrange some Musical scores -barring Copyrights and all. If I have the time that is. LOL

Anyways does GPO have everything need to do something like that? I'm trying to convince my wife to get this outstanding program! Convince her otherwise.

Re: More Questions

You can find a list of GPO instruments here:

http://www.garritan.com/GPO-instruments.html

It seems to have all you need for an opera score. However, to get the score to sound realistic with GPO, you may have to dedicate some time with the dynamics of the piece, for example getting the string sections to get loud and soft at just the right times. Every good piece is the result of a lot of work, but it's always worth it.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

GPO package comes with the Garritan Personal Orchestra player (as a standalone player and as VSTi plugin, GPO Studio - a VST host with 8 "players" which can load 8 instruments each-totaling 64) which can be used in conjuction with sequencers and notation software, Cubasis sequencer (or cubase se? not sure on the latest version they are offering with GPO) to record and edit your music with), Overture SE scoring software (to write the music in notation), AND Ambience reverb!

The package you get comes with EVERYTHING you will need to compose, create and record your music.

While you can use GPO with other sequencers, notation programs, etc, it comes complete with what you need right out of the box!!!

How's that for a convincing reason to get it.

Not to mention the whole other reason to get it. THIS COMMUNITY! the support and help you get here makes the GPO package 100 times more of a value than it already is!

You won't regret getting it.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Thumbs up Re: More Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Superb_Tenor
    I want to use GPO to arrange music like a Karaoke program where both my wife and I can sing for special performances in our upcoming restaurant. (i'm Working Full time as a chef) You know, take some opera scores and compose/notate through GPO fot orchestral sounds rather than just the Piano.
    I used GPO to do just that for an animation project I worked on — as we intended to submit it to animation festivals and the like, we couldn't just drop someone else's recording of Don Giovanni into it (at least, not without having to pay for reproduction rights), so I got ahold of the orchestral score and did it up in GPO (and then the animator and I sang the parts).
    -- Jeff Lee
    Etiam singula minima maximi momenti est - Even the smallest detail is of the utmost importance

I was in the exact same spot before I purchased GPO. After one whole year of deciding between GPO and EWQLSO silver, I decided GPO was better for the more warm sounds, and because it had everything I would need to compose. I don't think EWQLSO had that, or this great comunity!
    So I didn't regret this at all, and I would advise you to just go with it!
    (and don't worry about asking too many questions. During my one year of deciding, I didn't even know this forum existed and I asked Gary Garritan all of my questions. Isn't that right, Gary? )

Chris

Go Back to forum